9 months ago
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Motherhood
Yesturday was one of those days that I wanted it to end as soon as it began. I felt like such a terrible mother. I questioned why I was a mother? Do I really have it in me? Do I deserve to have such a sweet baby? All these feelings of inadequacy came over me, and then last night when Taelee wouldn't go to sleep I was holding her and she was cuddling up to me and giving me kisses all over my face. This was one of those moments when you realize that it is all worth it. Her smiles, her laughs, her sweet kisses make life sweeter. I am so grateful for these moments that make me remember the reason I am a mother. I love our little one, and although being a stay at home mom is a lot of work I am so thankful that I have to opportunity to do it. I am glad that I have those days that stretch me and help me grow stronger. It makes me think of my favorite scripture...I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that recieveth I will give more...I am so grateful that I have some trying times because then it makes me realize how much I do have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whitney,
I totally know how you feel. I have those days more than I have days where I feel like I am the most AWESOME mom in the world.
My kids tell me they Hate me and that they dont like me and that they wish they could have another mom.
Yeah I know early but it happens. Man when they do I just want to go hide under a rock and just bawl my eyes out.
But then they do have their moments of goodness and they listen so well and they do what they are told.
Like this past Sunday. It was our first Sunday at church and a sweet old woman stood up to testify she said "And this sweet family sitting here right behind me. Their little boy came and sat right down folding his arms and being a great example to his brothers and sister."
A moment like that is something that makes your heart flutter with pride and a way to say "Hey I am doing okay, I am a good mom, I do teach my children well."
It to shall pass. It will be all worth it in the end.
Just remember Christ and what he says "I never told you it would be easy. I only said it would be worth it." (Or something like that)
Anyways You and your Hubby are great Parents. No one would ever say differently.
Love your friend
Karla Southern
You are an amazing mother. Truly someone I aspire to be like one day in every sense of the word. And we went through hell and back at the office so I'm pretty sure we can handle anything that's thrown our way!!!
Post a Comment