Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

What did Taelee do during General Conference???

She made mischief of one kind and another! Ok, not really mischief, but she has realized that she loves to empty her toy baskets and strings her toys all over the living room. We love our little CURIOSITY!
*Now I need some ADVISE....
Taelee has been acting more irritable lately, and I think she is getting more teeth (she has her two bottom teeth). The problem is she won't let me get my fingers in her mouth, or let me open up to see. So do any of you wise mothers out there have any suggestions? How do I get in there without causing an uproar?!

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

You can ask her this "where is mommies teeth?" then you open your mouth let her see and even put her fingers in your mouth. Then you say "where is Taelee's teeth?" And you play this till you can get in there. That is all the advice I can give ya. I am not really good at that because my kids let me do it. They liked me to massage their gums. I also suggest ice pops. Frozen water in a zip lock bag. Then wrap a little towel and let her go to town. My kids LOVED it.

melaniefazio said...

Hey lovely lady! I love your baby, and you! a little bit of advice from someone who is not a mommy but sometimes if you put a little sugar water on your finger babies/toddlers will let you get in their little mouths... the tricks we learn in peds...

me said...

successive approximations! do little things- touch her lips and say "YAY!" reinforce every little thing until you get your fingers in there... make it a fun game. or try somthing yummy on a spoon to get her to open and say "open" and smile and "yay!" until you have "trained" the "open" command--- wait, is this a dog or child? now we know why my kids think they are puppies!

Koreena said...

Can you see in her mouth if you just make her smile really big or laugh hard? That's one way. The sugar water is a great idea, too.