Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beaver One Beaver All


So Taelee has decided to venture out on her eating habits. She has added wood to her diet. When I went to get her from her crib this afternoon after her nap I realized that she had been nibbling on her crib. So much for having a really nice bed for her! It is one of those cribs that changes to a toddler bed and double bed. I was trying to be optimistic and say we wouldn't need to use that piece for her bed in the future, but then I realized that it will be her foot board. Oh well! If any of you have any suggestions for getting gnaw marks out of wood or keeping her from doing it again...please let me know!!! and in the mean time I will be collecting wood for my new found BEAVER pet!
***just on a side note, I got a good laugh from it all, I'm not really upset, but I could really use your suggestions as to prevent this from happening again!

4 comments:

michellecluff said...

oh man. Brody's crib looks EXACTLY the same!! the little turkeys! He only did it for like a week and then he was on to the next thing to chew on... So hopefully it will be just a quick phase for her too... I've seen people that have made fabric covers for the rails in the meantime. And you being the seamstress that you are, I'm sure you could make it look cute. Other than that, I'm just planning on sanding it down and restaining it someday.

Koreena said...

Our crib came with a plastic guard over the rail, so I haven't had that problem. Here are a few options I found for you on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw_1_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=crib+rail+teether&x=0&y=0&sprefix=crib+rail

Hope you can find something that helps! :)

nora.lakehurst said...

Hee hee. ok i would just leave it. I think it brings character to the whole life thing. She is so sweet. I cannot believe how big she has gotten. It makes me so sad to know how big she is getting.

Vrska's said...

Diesel has tried to do the same thing. He got disciplined when I caught him doing it, needless to say he hasn't tried it again. I think all babies do this, I know that my crib when I was little looked just like that!!