We went up to my parents house for our Christmas Party. We always have dinner, make gingerbread houses, and get a visit from Santa. Taelee had lots of fun playing. She loves to blow on Christmas decorations (something we taught her so she doesn't touch the tree), she was blowing like crazy with all of the beautiful decorations!
I love making gingerbread houses, it is something we all look forward to every year. I didn't want Taelee helping because I knew everything would go in her mouth. So we gave her pretzels and chapstick. Like always she puts them in her mouth and dances. She loved it!
Usually Stephen and I make a house together, but this year we decided to make our own. Stephen made a log cabin, and I made a house of stone and reindeer droppings.
Santa came while we were making houses. I thought Taelee would be OK with her first encounter, but as soon as she heard the bells her eyes got really big. Then he came through the door, and she just about jumped out of her seat. She started crying hysterically and nuzzled in my shoulder. She was OK after I held her for a minute, but then it came her time to sit on his lap...you can see what happened. She didn't like it one bit. I felt so terrible! I thought it may help if I held her while we sat next to him...that didn't work either. What is Christmas without a few Santa Tears?! Maybe next year she will realize he isn't such a bad guy, but until then we will be avoiding the malls!
6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a way fun time!! Love the picture of Taelee with Santa, she looks like she enjoyed it as much as Diesel!! Aren't you looking forward to their birthdays and Christmas? It will be so much fun!!
P.S. I loved Taelee's outfit, she looks adorable!!
How sad. Maddox is still freaked out by Santa- although this is the first year he has seen him. I cannot get over how much Taelee looks like Steve when he was little. It is like looking at Steve in a dress! She is cuter of course.
I can't believe Taelee's hair, its so cute! I can get together any evening next week before Christmas or after Christmas... depending on if Josh and I go to California (which I don't think will really happen) I can't really afford lunch or dinner right now. But I could just come visit or you could come visit. Just call me. and maybe after new years we can do a double or something. I love you and miss you!
P.s. I love all your Taeter baby stuff, especially the clips i want them for me :)
That is awesome! How sad that she was so scared but the pictures are hilarious. Jason and I are laughing so hard. I still can't believe how much hair she has. It is so beautiful.
Aw poor baby. She was so mortified by Santa. Even when you were holding her it looks like she is saying "You stay away from me you...you old man." Poor baby girl. You know in a few years that will change. Oh and love the snow pics. For some reason it wouldnt let me just put a comment on that one. wEIRD
Post a Comment