Sunday, December 21, 2008

Taelee's First Birthday


Our little girl turned one today! We can't believe how fast that year went by! She has had a very full year of learning and growing. She has been extremely healthy and such a joy in our lives. It was so fun thinking about what we were doing last year. It makes me want to go back and experience it all again because it was such an amazing experience. Nothing compares to holding your baby in your arms for the first time. The day she was born was full of wonderful memories and emotions.

We are so blessed to have her in our lives, she brings a smile to our faces. She has such a lovable personality. She is very happy, but is also timid and is definitely more comfortable in her own home. She gets very quiet when she is around a lot of people, and has been more clingy to me lately. But once she warms up she is very active and "sociable". She does very silly things that make us laugh all the time. She hasn't started walking yet, but is definitely making her way. She is very well balanced and can stand on her own, but she is still walking like Frankenstein. We can't wait to see what the next year brings!

We had our family and friends come over for a fun little birthday party for Taelee. I am pretty upset because we had a lot more really cute pictures of Taelee and other people that came to the party, but somehow they got deleted from my camera!!! I wish I had them, but their isn't much I can do, at least I have these!!! (***Stephen really was there, but he was operating the video camera so he wasn't in many pictures, only the ones that got deleted!) Taelee wasn't very interested in unwrapping the presents, and frankly I think it was all a daze because she was so tired, but I had a lot of fun helping her unwrapping them! She received a lot of wonderful gifts, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!! The gifts were GREAT!

Taelee really enjoyed her Birthday Cake. We don't give her sweets so it was a very nice treat for her. She ate it like a lady and didn't get it in too many odd places. After a little bit she was done. We will see what the aftermath is tomorrow!




Our family has been extremely blessed the last couple of days. We have seen the Lords hand in our life and we are so grateful for those whom he has used to help our family. We know that the Lord hears our prayers and he will lift us when we need him. I am so grateful for my family and the joy and happiness they bring to me. I am grateful for this past year and experiences we have had and look forward to the years to come.

8 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Hey I had no idea she was born on my mom's birthday. Also the Winter Solstice. Love the cake. LOVE the rocking Chair. Those are some memories waiting to happen. And my my does she have LOTS of hair. I love her Hair.

Koreena said...

That's amazing that she's one already. That went by so quickly! That cake is beautiful and it looks like she enjoyed it. :) Sorry that you lost a bunch of pictures. That stinks! The ones you've shared are really cute though.

Morgan said...

Her cake looks awesome! It looks like Taelee had a great Birthday! I'm sorry we didn't make it...we will have to get together after Christmas! I hope you guys have a Wonderful Christmas!

me said...

I love her diving right into that cupcake! So cute. She looks like she wanted to be a puppy. What a cute birthday girl. I cried on both the boys first birthdays- how did you do? I was happy of course, but slightly sentimental (which is unlike me).

AshleeBashlee said...

I can't believe she is one already!

and just to clear things up, Josh definitely doesn't wear ugly Christmas sweater vest regularly :)

Love you!

Vrska's said...

What a cutie!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAELEE!! Looks like she had a great birthday! Cute cake!! We hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!

Lizzy said...

I love the cake Whitney, did you make that?!

The Giffs said...

Wow! Who made that cake? And she looks just like a little princess. Everything you do is so darling! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TAELEE!