Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Student Teaching

Stephen started his student teaching today at Mountain View High School. We are so excited that he is finally to this point! He will be done April 16th, it makes the end seem a whole lot closer! His major is History so that is what he will be student teaching, but his minor is Spanish and that is what he would like to teach when he graduates. I am so proud of him! He is very busy and these next few months will make him even more busy, but I know he is going to do an awesome job. He is going to make an amazing teacher! He chose to go into teaching because he wanted to make a difference in the students' lives. I know the students are going to love him!

He called me today at his break and told me that it was ok, but that the school was really dirty. He said that he used one of the hall bathrooms and he couldn't even wash his hands because the sinks were clogged and overflowing. It makes me sad that the state doesn't put money where it really needs to go. Hopefully that will change eventually. He said that he is going to be observing for the first week, and then he will start to teach next week. He is really excited, and I know he is going to do an amazing job!!!

I really wanted to get a picture of him on his first day but I was still sleeping when he left this morning. But this is what he is aspiring to... He always tells me he is going to wear bow ties to school. I am trying to convince him otherwise!!!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

love the new family photo and your blog background. does stephen already own alot of bowties?! what are you gonna do if he wears them to school everyday?!

nora.lakehurst said...

Love the family photo also. Very cute! Talli is getting so big. :( I am so happy that Steven likes his job.
Yeah the bathrooms are bad but that is not because they don't pay them enough (well could be part of it) But Teens are gross. I worked as an interpreter for years and I think one of the things that made me sick (especially while prego) was things in the toilet, non flushed toilets and sinks clogged. Blech.
Well tell him HI and that we are so proud of him. If you need a sitter for his graduation we would be happy to do so.

AshleeBashlee said...

Cute! Yay I am so happy for you guys! I wish I was close to being done with school. I still want to see you. Lets play!

me said...

He should totally wear bowties- now I wouldn't want Nate to but Steve could pull it off- and so he should- just as long as he doesn't wear them other places, like church...

melaniefazio said...

Freaking cute! I think it would be fun to go back to high school, haha, but thats just me! you should get a picture of him soon and so its almost like his first day of school one! haha!

fleur be me said...

so proud of you too!!!!! Steve so greatful for you taking such good care of our beautiful Whitney.