I've decided to start something new on my blog. A few friends from my old ward do something called "Thankful Thursday" where they list some things they are thankful for every Thursday. I have been thinking about joining in for a while now, and today I decided would be the day. Seeing that today is Friday I thought I would call these posts "Feel Good Fridays". I have been going through some pretty pitiful days where I am very pessimistic and down. I keep thinking the worst of things, and I get really frustrated and annoyed with life. I don't like feeling this way, and I really want to start being more optimistic. So I am hoping that by focusing on good things in my life I will start to forget about the rest of the garbage that isn't important that just brings me down and makes me feel blue. These posts will mostly benefit me, but when I read my friends I realize that I have a lot to be thankful for, so maybe when you read mine you can find more happiness in your lives too!1. Mountain View High school girls basketball team. This may sound silly, but today I was having a crummy day, and found out that Stephen's school was done early because the girls basketball team was in the championship playoffs. I was able to go down and see him before he went to work...which leads me to my second
2. A generous husband. When I got to the school Stephen said lets go to Target. He knows what makes me happy when I'm down...shopping. He said that I could pick out a new outfit. He was going around the store asking me what I thought about different things and kept saying do you need this...It made the rest of the day go by a lot faster, and I was a lot happier.
3. 6:30 bedtime. need I say more?!
2 comments:
So sorry you've had some crappy days. :( I'm glad your joining in on the thankful wave. I hope things look up soon. :)
I think "Feel good Fridays" is a great thing to do! What a good hubby to take you shopping! Nice work Steve!
Post a Comment