Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Outsmarting a 1 year old...

...it should be easy right?
WRONG
Taelee found out how to open the doors awhile back, but has now figured out what happens when she opens them...she gets into places she knows she isn't supposed to be! AKA the bathroom and her closet full of books. Call me lazy, but getting her out of the cupboards in the bathroom over and over got really old really fast! The other day I thought I would be "smart" and lock the door to the bathroom so she couldn't get in (knowing there was a key to open it). Lets just say after a couple drinks of Diet Coke I was dying to get in there (this is our only bathroom in the house). I tried to unlock the door for a good 30 minutes. I couldn't get in!!! After a good laugh and another 10 minute attempt I got in! This event made me think that further childproofing was in order!
Taelee loves to get into her closet and pull all her books down. Today was the last time. On her 3rd tear down of the day I had to take a picture because she was actually sitting on her pile of books looking at a book! What a silly girl! The second picture was the 4th and final tear down that took place minutes after I had just put the books back. That girl is fast! Needless to say she sent me running to BabiesRus to get some baby proof latches for our doors!

After my successful trip to BabiesRus and some fine handy work; there will be no more piles of books and no more empty cupboards! Lets hope that this time Taelee will be the only one outsmarted, not her silly mother!

6 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

I bet she was so happy to be locked out too. LOL what a cutie bug.

Lisa said...

just be glad you don't have twins 'cuz then you'd have twice the mess ;) glad you got it all figured out. is taelee a climber? tyler is. i'm glad he hasn't figured out how to open doors yet.

me said...

So cute! I have a picture of Maddox sitting on piles of books reading them too. They are the books on our huge living room bookshelf though- he used to tear them off all day. I stopped cleaning them up until he went to bed. I never could figure out how to baby proof it!
Taelee is awesome. Can't wait for you guys to come down next month.

AshleeBashlee said...

she is so dang cute!

Rachelle said...

HEHE! That is funny! She is so stinkin cute! And I LOVE that you locked yourself out of the bathrooM! Thats hilarious.

The Golfer and the Mexican said...

She is way cute sitting on those books.