242 pictures later, we are back from Texas (needless to say, this is going to be a picture packed post). We left last Saturday afternoon and got back late last night. We had a jammed packed 8 day vacation, and it was so nice to spend time with Stephen's family.
We all went to Stephen's parent's ward on Sunday. We went to a beautiful park later that afternoon to do family pictures. It was really good we all got together because there old family picture was about five years dated...a lot of new faces to add to the mix. It was really fun to see all the kids play together, and you can only imagine what it took to get the shot of all the grand kids, a lot of sugar and clapping, but oh is it worth it!

Stephen's six brothers, sister, Mom and Dad

The next day we went to lunch and to Cabelas. The kids had fun looking at all the stuffed animals and popping the pop guns.

We went to the Fort Worth Zoo on Wednesday. This was my favorite part of the vacation and Taelee's too. We took her to the Hogle Zoo a couple months ago and she didn't care much about it, but she was way into it this time around. It was the prettiest zoo I have ever been to, there were green trees everywhere and most of the animals weren't in cages but big open spaces with the natural trees all around them...it was beautiful!
Grandma and Taelee checking out the flamigos.

The classic Fort Worth Zoo picture, so we're told.

The Prettiest little girl EVER

Of all the things, I think Taelee's favorite animals were the birds. Maybe it's because they had so many exhibits with them, but either way she LOVED it!

How big is your wingspan?!

They had an aviary where birds flew around and you could hold them on sticks. I had to pass on this one because I don't like flocks of birds, but Stephen said she loved it!

Taelee hasn't been one to fall asleep in any other place but her bed. But as soon as I laid the stroller down she was out like a light, and slept most of the way home. She hasn't fallen asleep in the car for 4 months, this trip however must have worn her right out! I can't believe how amazing she did the whole trip!

We made three swimming attempts. The first two were very unsuccessful. She cried both times and wouldn't get in the water. The last attempt was at Steve's sister's pool and she LOVED it! We let her walk around in the kiddie pool and go in at her own pace. By the time we were ready to go she was trying to jump in herself and was asking to go down the slides! We were so happy that she warmed up to the pool, hopefully we'll have lots of opportunities to go this summer!


Holding her baby cousin Bethany.

Stephen's parents' house is on a beautiful lot and the kids had fun running around playing with bubbles and balls!

We created a lot of fun memories on this trip! It's always so hard to say goodbye. I wish that both of our families lived closer so we didn't have to wait months to see them! We loved seeing all of you! Thanks to EVERYONE, we had such a great time!
Last kisses at the airport, We love you Grandma and Grandpa!

We all went to Stephen's parent's ward on Sunday. We went to a beautiful park later that afternoon to do family pictures. It was really good we all got together because there old family picture was about five years dated...a lot of new faces to add to the mix. It was really fun to see all the kids play together, and you can only imagine what it took to get the shot of all the grand kids, a lot of sugar and clapping, but oh is it worth it!
Stephen's six brothers, sister, Mom and Dad
The next day we went to lunch and to Cabelas. The kids had fun looking at all the stuffed animals and popping the pop guns.
We went to the Fort Worth Zoo on Wednesday. This was my favorite part of the vacation and Taelee's too. We took her to the Hogle Zoo a couple months ago and she didn't care much about it, but she was way into it this time around. It was the prettiest zoo I have ever been to, there were green trees everywhere and most of the animals weren't in cages but big open spaces with the natural trees all around them...it was beautiful!
Grandma and Taelee checking out the flamigos.
The classic Fort Worth Zoo picture, so we're told.
The Prettiest little girl EVER
Of all the things, I think Taelee's favorite animals were the birds. Maybe it's because they had so many exhibits with them, but either way she LOVED it!
How big is your wingspan?!
They had an aviary where birds flew around and you could hold them on sticks. I had to pass on this one because I don't like flocks of birds, but Stephen said she loved it!
Taelee hasn't been one to fall asleep in any other place but her bed. But as soon as I laid the stroller down she was out like a light, and slept most of the way home. She hasn't fallen asleep in the car for 4 months, this trip however must have worn her right out! I can't believe how amazing she did the whole trip!
We made three swimming attempts. The first two were very unsuccessful. She cried both times and wouldn't get in the water. The last attempt was at Steve's sister's pool and she LOVED it! We let her walk around in the kiddie pool and go in at her own pace. By the time we were ready to go she was trying to jump in herself and was asking to go down the slides! We were so happy that she warmed up to the pool, hopefully we'll have lots of opportunities to go this summer!
Holding her baby cousin Bethany.
Stephen's parents' house is on a beautiful lot and the kids had fun running around playing with bubbles and balls!
We created a lot of fun memories on this trip! It's always so hard to say goodbye. I wish that both of our families lived closer so we didn't have to wait months to see them! We loved seeing all of you! Thanks to EVERYONE, we had such a great time!
Last kisses at the airport, We love you Grandma and Grandpa!
7 comments:
so fun! i'm glad you guys were able to get away and hang out together finally! your fam is beautiful whit!!!
How fun! I am so glad you guys were able to visit them. I can see the love that Talee has for them. What fun> I am also glad you guys were able to see the whole family. YAY!
YEAH!! I'm glad you guys made it home safely. It did seem like we didn't even get to see each other while we were there. But at least you will still be living in Utah and we can still come and visit. You got some way cute pictures of everyone and of Taelee. She's adorable!!
It looks like you guys had such a fun time! I cant believe hom much everyone in the Vrska family look IDENTICAL! Its so funny!
PS - your swimsuit is so cute!
Your swimsuit is so cute! Where did you get it?
I love you!
looks like you had a fabulous time! do you have any more fun plans for the summer?
You have some great pictures! I especially love Taelee's face when she's sitting on the swing with all the kids. Darling!
Post a Comment