Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Prayer


Just now while I was putting Taelee down for a nap I was touched by something she did. We have created a lot of ROUTINES with Taelee, mainly for my sanity, but also to help her be happy and healthy. I thrive off of these ROUTINES for a lot of reasons: Because Taelee is used to them she knows them and expects them, she will actually sit on my lap and I can cuddle with her for a few short moments while I read to her, they allow me my structure that I so desperately need, and they make nap time and bed time so much easier! Today has been proof to me that these ROUTINES are something worth doing. Every night we read a book; look at pictures of President Monson, the Temple, and Jesus; read scriptures; sing a primary song; then say a prayer. For her nap we eat lunch and then go read a book. Well I really think that praying with her EVERY night and for all meals has really payed off because for breakfast this morning I sat down with her food and she immediately folded her arms and said "prayer". Also as I was putting her down for her nap we read her normal book and then as I was going to lay her in her bed she said "prayer," I asked her if she wanted to say a prayer and she looked at me and said "yes prayer". I then knelt down with her to say a short prayer...I am so grateful that the idea of PRAYER has stuck with her and that she is starting to understand what it is. She is such a blessing in my life, she teaches me everyday, and she makes me want to do and be better.

4 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

What a great mommy you are. WTG

Lisa said...

aww...she's learning so much lately. i'm impressed. brian is 4 and still has a hard time folding his arms for a prayer.

Rachelle said...

That is so sweet! You and Steve are both such great examples!

Katie Hodgkiss said...

That is so cute. Its times like that we realize why we are asked to be even as a child is, so perfect. She's adorable.