Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Project #1

Since we are buying our first house there are a lot of things on my TO DO LIST. We are almost tripling the amount of space as our last apartment...which means a whole lot of space to fill, and not a lot of money to do it with. We are planning on filling it up a little at a time, I started with this great find! I went to a second hand store and found these lovely beauties for $6.99!!!! They are very sturdy and were in really good condition (except for the nasty cushion). With a little sanding, staining, a new thick cushion, and fabric the chairs are like new! I was really happy with the result and they are going to look great with my existing chairs!
BEFORE


AFTER


***Nothing a little elbow grease wont fix!

9 comments:

Koreena said...

Whitney those are great!! Why are you moving so far away when I need you're help doing stuff like this. LOL I have no clue how to refinish furniture. Really, I absolutely love those chairs!

me said...

These are great.

michellecluff said...

oh my, whit. you never cease to amaze me. seriously. LOVE them!

nora.lakehurst said...

I love them! So beautiful

Vrska's said...

The chairs look awesome. Great job!

AshleeBashlee said...

They turned out so cute! What am I going to do with out you?

melaniefazio said...

Wow! Invite me over when you do little projects like this... i live right across the street! I miss your face!

Nancy said...

WOW! They are almost as amazing as you are! I can't wait to sit on one!

Nikkie said...

I love these! I stumbled onto your blog through Sheri's, hope you don't mind!