Sunday, July 5, 2009

American Fork Canyon

My family went up to American Fork Canyon for the 4th of July. We had such a great time! Taelee especially loved it (although most of the pictures show otherwise)! We went up early in the morning had breakfast, and played around for a while.
My little mountainista!
Taelee had fun running around with her cousins. (thank goodness we didn't have any falls!) There are lots of things to do and see when you are in the mountains!
Taelee sure does love her Nana and Gonka! They are going to miss her so much when we move to Texas, and she will miss them!

She loved looking up at the sky with Gonka, her one moment of rest!
These are my sister's kids: Riley, Preslie, and Joey, we wish my brother and his little ones could have been there too!

After lunch we went up to Timpanogos Cave. I had never been up there, and Stephen didn't remember it at all from when he was younger. It was a little 1.5 mile hike up, so we were very grateful for the backpack we found on KSL for dirt cheep! Taelee had a lot of fun riding on Daddy's back and sang to him most of the way up. She got a little frustrated on the way down, but all in all she was a little trooper.
Here we are a about 3/4 of the way up.

There were some amazing views from up there!

Taelee LOVED the cave! My parents got all the grand kids a little flash light, and she thought she was all that running around shining it everywhere. It was like torture when we tried to pick her up for this picture, but we succeded!
She missed her nap, so on the way down she zonked out...Daddy must have good rhythmic walking! She looked so sweet!

After the mountains we went down to a church in Lehi to watch the fireworks at ThanksGiving Point. It was a very FUN long day!

6 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

That looks so fun! I've got to get one of those backpacks! So cute!

Koreena said...

She is growing into such a beautiful little girl!

I've lived in Utah 16 years now and I've still never been up to Timpanogos Cave. I need to do that someday!

Vrska's said...

What awesome pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Rachelle said...

How cute! I love American Fork canyon, it is So pretty up there! Werent the Thanksgiving Point fireworks awesome!!! You guys look like you had SO much fun!
And I LOVE what you did with those chairs!!! You seriously are amazing!

Megan said...

I love her little outfit! What a fun 4th of July.

Lisa said...

taelee is SO PRETTY! i had hair just like her when i was her age! i hope i can hike to that cave one of these days! looks like your fam had a blast!