Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Stephen's first day of school. He has had meetings for the last 3 weeks, but today was his first day of teaching! I may have been more excited for him than he was for himself. I am so excited that he is doing something he loves and something he is extremely good at! He is amazing with people, especially young people. He is a really good teacher, he teaches me something new everyday. He is very kind, knowledgeable, and has a great sense of humor, the kids are going to love him!

Taelee has been in his classroom a lot while we have been getting it ready. She loves sitting at the desks and coloring. She has been known to call it "Taelee's School"...please lets wait a couple more years, she is growing up too quickly!

I couldn't get a good shot of the entire room so here is one side.

Stafford is a really good school, it will be a great place for him to start out!

10 comments:

Courtney and Tyson said...

Cool I didn't know he was a teacher. What does he teach?

Sheri said...

The only thing missing from Stephen's picture is his lunchbox and backpack! I am so happy ya'll have made it to this point. Now just sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors :)

me said...

I am totally disappointed. Where is the bow tie?

Alright, are those Chesterton colors I see?

Koreena said...

How exciting! I hope the day went well for him.

I always love whatever pictures you've chosen for your header. :)

Whitney said...

Courtney- Yeah, this is his first year teaching. He is teaching Spanish and Texas History, which is completely new to him.

Carrie- Your eyes aren't tricking you, those are Chesterton colors. He was pretty excited about it!

Rachelle said...

Steve will be SUCH A GREAT TEACHER...Texas History??? Now that should be interesting.

Morgan said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! We are so happy for you guys! Good luck! We know he will do great!

Paige and Garret Story said...

good luck! thats nerve racking! i bet hes going to do great!

i read your comment and ya we do own our little place! how are you liking your new home? hows the hot weather in texas!?!

Vrska's said...

WAY TO GO STEVE! We are so excited for you and know you will be AWESOME! We too are sad not to see the bowtie!!

fleur be me said...

I was picturing all day Steve in his bow tie.
Darn......
his class room looks good I can see a few touches of Whitney. Steve is very lucky to have you in so many ways. It was really fun to talk to him on the phone about some of the things happening in his new experience in teaching.
Taelee don't even think about you in school. I dont think so.....
Love you all so much.....