Thursday, September 24, 2009

Update on Little Miss Taelee Coe

Taelee is now 21 months...holy smokes, where does the time go? I try really hard not to think that in 3 months she is going to be 2!!! It scares me to death! Taelee has definitely shown her, shall we say, "toddler side" lately. There have been a few days that Stephen has called me at lunch and I have burst into tears because Taelee has shown sooo... much of her "toddler side". Lets just say she has a little spunky side when she wants to, and sometimes it isn't pleasant. She sure does know how to make me smile though, even if it is while she is in time out. Yesterday she was sitting in time out while I was in the kitchen. Soon I saw a little head poking out from the side..."Hi Mom" and then she crawled back, a few seconds later... "Hi mom", it's hard to stay upset at such a cute little bug!

She loves stuffed animals. She now has about 8 that she sleeps with, she probably could get by with less, but Daddy thinks that she needs them all. I try and pick some out, but somehow they all end up back in her bed...what a good Daddy! Today she was playing with a koala bear who we have just called koala bear, but today she looked at him and told me that his name was now Jack, "name it Jack mommy". I think it is so sweet that she loves them so much.

She is also quite the little girl. She loves jewelry, purses, and lip gloss. She drank almost an entire lip gloss the other day while she was in the front of a car shopping cart...those things need cameras or something! It was one from Bath and Body Works, those things are natural right?!

Her favorite thing to do is read her scriptures and her children's song book. She sits in her room against her wall and flips through the pages over and over. If it's quiet in the house chances are she is looking at her scriptures. She loves asking who the people are in the pictures and it is really fun sharing with her, and seeing how well she remembers.

This picture is one of very few that Taelee looks like me. This smile looks IDENTICAL to the way I used to smile. It reminds me of a picture when I was in Disneyland wearing Mini ears and my eyes were all scrunched up like hers. What a cute little face!

The biggest update of all...our daughter is making herself bald! Lately when I go in to get her from her nap she is playing with her hair, and puts it in her mouth like she is flossing her teeth. She pulls huge chunks out! I don't know what to do! I got a picture today of how thin and near bald it is. Thankfully it is on the opposite side that I part it. I don't know why she is doing it, it has to hurt because she rips it out really hard. The only thing I can think is that it is therapeutic to her, like twiddling is to some people. If it is, this is a strange kind of therapy...lets hope this passes soon, I love her hair too much!

3 comments:

Amanda Sue said...

I cannot believe she is almost 2!! time sure has gone by very fast. Sounds like you guys have settled in nicely in Texas. Oh I hope she starts talking with an accent.... err do kids pick up accents? perhaps not, but it would be cute!

me said...

Oh. She is into self injury? Perhaps Nate could help.

Just kidding. She is very cute.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Wow, Taelee is so big! She is so smart too! I am so impressed she could name the prophet and apostles. That is so good. She is a cutie. I love the hair too...hope she doesn't pull it all out. Wish Ainsley had hair like that. Your new house is so cute! I love it!