Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sick Day

Taelee has been sick for a couple of days. She has had a cough and stuffy nose, poor little thing she sounds awful. Today she was definitely NOT hiding that she wasn't feeling very well...she was quite the little grumpus! I have been wanting her to rest so she can get better, but she is 2, how much sitting still can I expect her to do?! I've tried a movie or two, but they only last a few minutes (which I am actually grateful for). I was at my breaking point today. It's tough work staying home all day with a grumpy sick child. It doesn't help that I am not much of a homebody for too long. I had to come up with something that would make the time move a little faster, and keep her busy and HAPPY. Since it's February I thought we would do a little Valentine banner. I cut out a bunch of hearts and had Taelee paint them. After they were painted and dried (which took a while with the beautiful globs of paint she kept piling on) we strung them on some string and added a few buttons.
I thought it turned out pretty cute, and Taelee had a lot of fun doing it!



8 comments:

Megan said...

That is way cute! You are always doing such cute things

Koreena said...

That's adorable! Sorry she's not feeling well. :(

Katie said...

I hope she starts feeling better soon! The banner is super cute. I think I might have to copy that this week. :)

Abby said...

hello hello! found your blog!
I'm gonna check out your coupon sites. :) I'm going to Sprouts today too! Yay!
Cute V-day banner.. love it.
Hope Taelee gets better soon. When she does, we should get together and cure that cabin fever of yours.

Rachelle said...

How cute! Those did turn out super cute!

Lisa said...

That is so funny because the same thing happened last Friday and by like 2 in the afternoon, I thought I was going to scream! Isabella refused to take a nap so I got no break at all. We ALSO did an art project only we did Vday cards and I also had Isabella put her handprint on cut out hearts. I haven't posted them yet since I didn't want our family to see them before they get them.
Thank goodness for art projects right?!
Super cute. Great minds think alike. ;)

Brandon and Sarah said...

So sorry that Taelee still isn't feeling better. We missed you guys at the library...btw no storytime next Tuesday (Mrs. H. will be out of town)

Cute cute banner!

fleur be me said...

The cutest banner ever...You....
You think of the cutest things.
SO SO CUTE!!!!!
Sorry for the long week with a sick little one. I miss the days I could come and give you a little break! oh the days of motherhood. Be kind and patient with yourself. You are an amazing mom. And don't forget to look in the mirror and say..........
"I yook fabulous" and I am fabulous!
Love you tons.