Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Mother of Two

Today was a real test of my mothering strength with two children. Taelee woke up this morning with a fever of 103. She hasn't been sick a whole lot so it was a new experience for me. I felt so torn. Here was my sick lethargic little girl who needed me, but then I had my newborn who is 100% reliant upon me. I felt like I was letting one down when I was taking care of the other. I often thought I needed a clone or an extra pair of hands. I was grateful when one would be asleep and I could spend some one on one time with them. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to nurture my children. It's a great responsibility, but once they were both tucked in for the night I realized that that responsibility is an amazing gift!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

As you, I'm so glad to have this wonderful gift.

BUILDING WITH 6 said...

Your kids are just beautiful and please let us know if we can help anytime during the day. It will get easier! :) Kami