Stephen was an amazing runner in highschool! He ran for a semester at BYU, but didn't want to keep up with that and school work. Over the past few months he has been getting back into running. He wants to do a marathon 2011. He ran a 5k in Frisco this last Saturday (it was COLD). He was "speedy fast" as Taelee called him. He did awesome! His time was 18:35, and he got first in his age group, 14th over all. He was pretty happy with his time seeing that this was his first race in years! Watching him brought back a lot of memories of watching my dad run his marathons. I enjoy watching, not participating!
Starting the race with the mob of runners...
Running into the morning sun!
Coming to the end...
Taelee LOVED watching her daddy race! She was his little cheer leader yelling "GO DADDY GO!"
3 comments:
Congrats to Steven!! I remember running the Frisco 5k last year and it was awesome!! Can't wait to do another one after this baby comes. :)
Steve..... you are amazing! Whit you told me he ran the 5k but did'nt tell me how well he did! Wow! And yes how the memories came flooding back! Those were such fun times! And only you know how much your dad misses those times. Wish we could have be there cheering you on!!! Love you!
I think you are doing a great job with the pics on your blog here! Brent and I have been doing lots of running. We are trained up to 10 miles. But I think I wish I was running something shorter and faster like Steven. That is really fast.
Post a Comment