I can't believe it, I wish our babies would just stay babies forever! But if they stayed tiny forever we wouldn't get to experience the joy of watching them learn and grow...grow strong little man!
Everyone always comments on how big he is. He has gotten bigger, but he isn't a "big" baby on the charts. But when I say little man i'm not just saying it. Kingston looks like a little man that should be walking and talking (thank goodness he isn't doing that yet!). He is growing and changing every day. Here are some of the things he does and loves this last month...
* He still loves to be swaddled to sleep. As long as he is swaddled nice and TIGHT he goes right to sleep. However, he is a little escape artist at times, and cries until we wrap him back up.
* He LOVES his big sister! Whenever she walks into a room his face lights up, and he smiles so big whenever she talks to him. He also loves to smile at Stephen. It doesn't matter if he is looking or not, he just grins and grins whenever he is around. He is definitely starting to notice different people.
* With that being said, he is a very social baby. He smiles at everyone, and doesn't have an ounce of uneasiness around other people. He's quite the little flirt!
* He went through a phase of flipping over every time I would lay him on his stomach. Now he has been lasting a little bit longer on his tummy. He is starting to scrunch up his legs to his chest. I have seen him scoot the slightest little bit a few times...yikes!
* He loves to stand up when we hold him. He has liked this ever since he was a month or two. He sometimes likes to lean (more like fall) back when we are holding him. It's quite the fun game for him.
*He loves when we clap and say "Yay Kingston!". He thinks it is so funny and giggles.
* He loves to cuddle on my shoulder and coo. He'll stand up, drop, and nuzzle his little face deep into my shoulder (this is by far one of my favorite things, I could do it all day!)
* He loves the mirror. He has found his reflection, and smiles like crazy! He loves to give himself kisses whenever we hold him up close to it.
* He pats at books when we read to him, he gets so excited looking at the pictures.
* One of his favorite toys is a little yellow dump truck. It's funny to see him play with it because it is still a little big, but he still tries to put it in his mouth. It is a little awkward for him, and when he drops it he gets so upset! I think it is so crazy how boys are naturally wired to like tucks and trains.
* The cold weather has brought out such dry patchy skin on his tummy, chest, and knees. Especially his chest where he is constantly wet from his drool. I have to be sure to only wash his clothes with free and clear, and I can't use baby lotion on his skin :( I love the smell, so I still rub a little on his clothes!
* He puts everything in his mouth, and drools like CRAZY! He is following after his dad who inherited the nickname "Slime Beast" aka "Beast".
* He has started sleeping a little better. He wakes at ten or eleven, then at four or five, and then wakes for the day at about eight. Most nights he fusses a little at three, but will settle back to sleep with a binky.
Whenever we take his socks off his toes spread eagle.

4 comments:
He is so cute!
He's adorable! He's looking more and more like Taelee!
too sweet.....the pictures are just too much! I am missing this little guy alot! I just love his age and missing all the changes that happen it seems on a daily basis! Just longing to hold him more!!! I loved having him here, of course not long enough! But sooo grateful to have had a little bit of time! Nana loves you little Kingston!
SO cute!!! Dont you just LOVE this age? It is so fun to see their little personalities develop.
Post a Comment