Taelee got to go to her first dance class today (we would have gone last week, but she was sick). I have really been wanting to get her into a dance class, but the wallet just wont allow it. When our friend told us about this four week class we jumped right on board. She isn't much of a dancer at home, her idea of dancing is a slight wiggle of the head and hips. But I knew she would have a ball learning.
What class would be complete without a good friend to share it with?!
Tutu bums!
Her teacher Miss Rachael was so sweet! The activities she had the girls do to teach them was right up Taelee's alley. She had them pretending they were making cake, dancing butterflies, being ducks or starfish, and she turned their feet into Cinderella's glass slippers.
I had been preping her by showing her plie, leaps, and twals. I told her about the bar for plies...she went straight to work. It cracked me up!
Miss Rachael had them kick snakes away to protect their wings. She was very startled at first thinking real snakes were on the loose in the dance studeo (she is so jumpy when it comes to animals). Miss Rachael then turned on the music and said to listen for the snakes and kick them away. Taelee went right to her ears so she could be sure to hear those snakes!
What sweet girls!
Watching her just made my tummy tickle! She had such a good time!
The last thing Miss Rachael had them do was be starfish leaping over a shark. The minute she heard shark her face was priceless. She was so worried! She scanned the room saying, "Mommy!" After she realized it was a pretend shark taped to the floor she was OK. It helped that she was the last to do it. She was able to see all the other girls go first without being eaten alive!
What class wouldn't be complete with a "super" sticker!?
She absolutely LOVED her class! All the way home she kept saying, "I am happy I got to go to my dance class." "I had a lot of fun at my dance class!" "Do I get to go again?"












4 comments:
that looks like so much fun! That's funny she kept getting scared whenever she mentions animals... silly girl.
Love the tutus.
So cute!!!
Love it! They are so stinking cute in those tutus.
Ohhh, These pictures made me cry. Again! The plie pictures are my favorite. You could not have captured all of the concentration any better. I just can't get over how cute she is dancing you would think she had been doing it for a long time. Priceless!!! I am so grateful for your blogging! Thank you...Thank you.....Thank you from this missing you Nana!
Post a Comment