February 17, 2011
16 lbs 8 oz - 25-50%
28 inches - 95%
He is a long and lean little guy! When I took him to his doctors appointment he didn't sleep well at all the night before. He woke up every 20 minutes for most of the night. I tried rocking him, singing to him, bouncing him, but nothing worked. I felt so bad for him, I knew something had to be wrong. I asked the doctor if he possibly had an ear infection. He told me that his right ear drum had burst...poor little guy, no wonder he was miserable and screaming! He is on his first antibiotic. Why do our little ones get sick!?
I cannot believe he is six months already!!! Where did my little newborn go? He is growing and changing so so much every day. He has such a sweet personality. He loves to talk and smile at just about everybody. He especially loves new faces. He has the cutest little smile, makes my heart do somersaults every time. My favorite is when he scrunches up his little nose when he really likes something.
* He copies raspberries when we do them to him, he does them right back to us.
* He loves to hold his bottle. He looks at them and grunts, he gets REALLY upset when it falls or is taken away from him-he straightens his body stiff as a board and growls in protest.
* On January 23rd he cut his TWO bottom teeth!
* He sits up by himself...he loves it! He especially loves to play with a little heart mylar balloon while he is sitting up. He loves to bat it around...Taelee enjoys playing catch with him.
* He LOVES to be naked! Whenever I get him undressed he giggles and talks talks talks. When naked time is over you would think we were torturing him the way he screams when we get him dressed (But I think I have mastered the quick dress routine, so he is getting a little better with it).
* He gets VERY upset when a toy is taken from him, or when it drops.
* He grabs at EVERYTHING and wants it right in his mouth. I can't read books to him without him getting upset because he just wants to eat them.
* He is a finicky eater. He doesn't like to be cradled while he eats. Whenever I try to feed him in the arc of my arm he arches his back, and will not eat until he is lying on my knees. If he is being extra fussy about it he likes something soft by his face while he eats.
* We have tried to introduce him to other foods. So far peas and carrots have been a NO.
* He loves music, especially when Stephen sings. During Sacrament Meeting he sings along with us in a low deep moan. He often does the same deep moan to go to sleep. I was walking through the store the other day, and the entire time "aaaaaahhhhh" until he fell asleep. I absolutely love it!
* When we say "kisses" he opens his mouth and slobbers all over our faces. He LOVES to give Taelee kisses, and she gets a kick out of it too!
* He's found his toes! He loves to eat them...it is a great entertainer!
* He responds to his name.
* He really likes the car. He used to fall asleep everytime we would start to drive, but now he just stares out the window. I have often looked back at him thinking he was asleep (worried that his schedule would be messed up) just to find him still as can be with eyes wide open looking out the window.
* He responds to his name.
* He really likes the car. He used to fall asleep everytime we would start to drive, but now he just stares out the window. I have often looked back at him thinking he was asleep (worried that his schedule would be messed up) just to find him still as can be with eyes wide open looking out the window.
We are so grateful for this little boy. He is such a great blessing to us, and has brought us so much joy!

2 comments:
I think I say this every month... I can't believe how fast he is growing! I am sad we aren't there to know him better.
I've figured out that why I am slow to look at your blog!!! I sit in front of the screen and turn into a big cry baby! EVERY TIME! How can one little boy be any cuter! And I just can't get in that screen and get him! Every bit of his personality is in that sweet sweet smile!!! Nana loves you little boy! all the miles make it hard but I am so grate full for our ability to communicate through so many ways. Thank you Whitney!!!
Post a Comment