Monday, June 6, 2011

The Best Week with Nana and Gonka

My parents came to spend some long awaited time with us. It is really hard being away from them! It is hard knowing that these sweet little ones only get to see them every once in a while. We wish so bad that we could beam ourselves back and forth! Taelee was soooo excited for them to come. We made a chain for the countdown, and she prayed "I'm grateful we get to get Nana and Gonka from the airport in (x amount of) days." Months before we even knew exactly when they were coming she prayed that they could come to our house soon, she was longing for some Nana and Gonka hugs! Needless to say, we had so much fun making lots of wonderful, unforgettable memories with them! We wish the week lasted even longer!
We picked Nana and Gonka up from the airport and headed straight for the Fort Worth Zoo. I absolutely love this zoo; it is beautiful! It was fun to get to share it with Nana and Gonka.
I started out the trip by burning my baby girls' legs on this turtle! Note: always check a large metal object that has been sitting in the blistering hot sun before sitting a bare legged child on it!!! 
This was her try to be brave face!
 When I told her about the zoo having dinosaurs there she got a little worried. I told her that they were just statues and weren't real. I held up my arms and froze to show her what a statue did. She asked "is that how they are going to get me?!" She prayed later that night "please bless that the dinosaurs won't get me, and they will stay behind the gate." When we got there she was a little alarmed that they moved and made noise, but after a few she started laughing at them. She was also really excited to see the kangaroos and she was really hoping that she would see a baby joey, but no such luck.
 She has really made great progress in her fear of animals. She was so excited to get to pet this opossum, and was ready to brush the pregnant goat.
 These kids had so much fun with their Nana and Gonka!
 Kingston LOVED this giant alligator! 
 Boy were we "lucky" it was feeding time for the birds! This falcon was above us ripping at this bloody mess. Blood was literally dripping onto the floor in front of us! The boys thought it was awesome. My mom and I thought it was pretty disgusting! Not something I would choose to watch every day!
 Taelee remembered feeding the birds from last year. She was excited to get to show Nana and Gonka. I think it was their favorite part!
 Kingston LOVES animals! He reaches out to them and oohs and awws.  He loves them! He was enthralled by all the birds flying around. He tried to grab all the birds.  He loved this one right in front of him.
 This was the most amazing thing! The lioness came over to the lion and they were giving each other kisses and hugs! Definitely something you don't get to see every day!
They even decided to smile for our picture!
 Mr. Cheese loved Gonka's glasses!
 My mom brought Taelee a special surprise and gave it to her the following day. Taelee LOVES Princess Jasmine. She walks around the house with a blanket on her head every day. She says it is her pony tail. Whenever she is wearing it she talks like Jasmine in a soft princess voice she says, "It's okay Kingston, I'm Jasmine!" Well, my mom made her day by bringing these amazing Jasmine clothes she made for her!
 She LOVED the scarf headband.  It really couldn't have been better!
 She even got the princess pose down, princess hands and all!
 Our little princess Jasmine with her tiger Raja! Now it's, "Oh Raja! It's okay!"
 The next day we went to the Heritage Museum in Frisco. On our way we stopped by a little farmer's market in front of Frisco Library. It was a fun, inexpensive activity.
Little man happy to be free from the confines of his car seat and stroller.
 Nana and Taelee enjoying some time in the fifties room. They had an old rotary phone that reminded me of my Grandma. She used to watch me when I was little. She had one of these phones and I would play with it all the time. It was the exact same...such fun memories!
 Striking a pose at the perm machine!
Ringing the bell!
 I am so happy to have a picture of all of us together!
 A picture of all of us smiling and looking at the camera?!?! I love it!
 I loved this gazebo, it is such a pretty area!
 We discovered something at lunch that day...Kingston LOVES lemons! He didn't even pull the sour face, he just got really upset when I would give him the whole thing!
 On Memorial day we went swimming for the first time this year. Taelee started out timid of the big pool at first, but by the end of the day she was crying when we had to leave. Kingston LOVED the water! He chilled out in his floaty, relaxed as a piece of cheese! He was so relaxed it looked like he could have fallen asleep. I loved his little toes in the water!
 We found out we have a long lost cousin that lives in Crossroads right down the road from us. He trains about twenty horses at the Weinegar's Ranch (a family that used to be in our ward). What a small world! We stopped by and said hi to some of the horses. Kingston LOVED them!
 "Hello, Hello little guy!" 
 She loved the little baby foal!
 I love this picture!
My mom helped us plant some beautiful flowers in our front yard.
Taelee was in heaven digging in the dirt. 
 We went to a splash park in Frisco with some friends. Taelee and Kingston had a ball!
 Playing with friend Isabella!
 Kingston was beside himself! He was so happy to be splashing and crawling in the water!
 We also installed another fan to our guest room, made a trip to Ikea, the mall, and the Disney Store, Stephen and I were able to go on a date, we went and saw Rio in the theater, and we went to downtown McKinney to some cute little shops.
We were able to experience so much, and have so much fun with them! 
Thank to our wonderful Nana and Gonka for the best week ever!

5 comments:

fleur be me said...

so hard to come home and leave our sweet little family in Texas! But yes the best memories ever!!!! We felt like Kings in the Vrska Home!!! We love you!!!!

nora.lakehurst said...

I love all the photos and all of the fun times you had. Nothing is better than grandparents.
I hope you guys have a wonderful summer.

Brittney Engel said...

I love reading your blog! I am away from my parents too so I know how hard it is. I wish my son could be closer to his grandparents. But it's always fun when we get to see them. Your kids are so cute and I'm glad you guys had a good week!

Amy said...

Oh how fun! You have the most beautiful family!

Lisa said...

Yay for grandparents coming to town!! What a fun week! So glad you got to enjoy your family, I know how much you've missed them. :) And I totally love Taelee in her Jasmine costume-adorable!