It was blue and purplicious!
The idea came when I was trying to put together a dinner last night with the few things we had. I found the purple cabbage in the fridge, and it all clicked from there. Taelee LOVES anything blue or purple! I thought it would be fun to make dinner a little different! I added a few drops of food coloring in the noodle water dying them blue. Then I added a few drops to the Alfredo sauce. She thought the noodles were the best thing ever! "I don't know why the noodles turned blue!! Maybe it's because they knew I just loved blue, so they said lets be blue today!" She had so much fun eating them too. I told her that since it was her special favorite color dinner she could eat it however she wanted. She opted to slurp up those noodles getting blue all over her face and fingers (if you plan on doing this I strongly recommend bib, and a wet rag close at hand!) I thought that the cabbage would be a hit too since it was purple, but she gagged on it. She ate a few bites, but couldn't finish the whole thing.
All in all I think it was a fun dinner that will probably become tradition at our house!
All in all I think it was a fun dinner that will probably become tradition at our house!
5 comments:
such a cute idea!!!
yes...trust the cutest mommy in the world to think of that!!!right up Taelee's ally. too much fun!!!
I'm pretty sure I would have gagged on the cabbage too. It looks pretty but sorry-ICK! I love that you colored the noodles blue! I can tell it made Taelee's night. :)
HEY! cabbage is delicious! I could have eaten the whole thing myself! Don't be ragging on my veggies!
That's so cute. Your such a cute mom
Post a Comment