Friday, October 7, 2011

An Enchanted Day at the Pumpkin Patch

Our wonderful friends Lisa, Isabella, and Tristan invited us to come along to the Dallas Arboretum Pumpkin Patch. We haven't been before, only seen pictures, so were really excited to go. It was AMAZING! I was blown away at how beautiful it was. The pumpkin patch decorated like"Cinderella's Village" and there were other castles all throughout the gardens. We saw Ariel's Castle, Beauty and the Beast's Castle, Rapunzel's Castle, and Princess and the Pea. It was so much fun walking around and exploring with these sweet girls!
My camera died halfway through, but it ended up being a blessing because Lisa was able to take some amazing pictures with her amazing camera! You can definitely tell the difference!
The cute kids in the pumpkins! 
Taelee is so lucky to have such wonderful friends!
Cinderella's Pumpkin Village had so many of these cute pumpkin houses!
Taelee and Kingston had so much fun!
 
This was by far my favorite! SWAN LAKE! It was absolutely amazing the way they laid the pumpkins to make it look like a river, and I was dying over the grey pumpkins!
I fell in love with this pumpkin and desperately wanted to take it home!
Cinderella's Beautiful carriage! The girls didn't want to leave it!
We had to join in the magic too!
 Cinderella's glass slipper! Taelee was in awe!
Ariel's Mermaid Castle...Taelee was in seventh heaven!
Ariel's beautiful chair!
Beauty and the Beast's Castle. I loved that it was hidden in the trees!
Another one of my favorites! A beautiful archway of trees lined with pumpkins! It was BEAUTIFUL!
I tried to get Taelee to kiss the frog, but she was having nothing to do with that!
 Free to explore! 
Kingston LOVED the pumkins! I had to keep him strapped in the stroller most of the time or he would have taken off. I let him roam free a couple of times. He was loving all the pumpkins, "oohing and woahing" along the way! Lisa took some amazing pictures of him...it was tough just picking a few!
 I LOVE this little boys "bunny paw" and the way he swings his little arm when he walks!
 That is one hansom boy!
 The imagination and wonder of this little girl never ceases to amaze me. She and Isabella were in a world of enchanted fairy tales! Taelee said that she never wanted to leave and that she wanted to live there forever. She said that they could make clothes from the flowers and blankets from the leaves. I told her that if we stayed there forever we wouldn't be able to go to Disney World in a couple weeks. She informed me that the airplane could just come there are take us (pretty easy explanation). She also thought that it would be nice for Nana and Gonka to come visit too. 
Her collected treasures
 Exploring at the pond that overlooked the beautiful lake!
 Exploring the magical mist in the garden...
 Another favorite was this amazing lily pad, I had never seen anything like it. 
 On our way out we stopped by the gift shop where we found these amazing wooden fans for $1, they were a great added treasure to an amazing enchanted day!
 I am still in awe at how beautiful everything was! 
We had such an amazing time, and are so grateful for great friends! 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

We really had a wonderful time too and we were so grateful to go with you all. Thanks for coming! And I know what you mean on the pictures of Kingston-they were all so adorable!! I had fun following him around. What a magical day it was with those two little girlies. ;)

Lisa said...

PS-
I can't wait to see how make that gray pumpkin, they really were gorgeous!

Vrska's said...

WOW that was the most amazing pumpkin patch I have ever seen. I was just telling Tim I want to go to a pumpkin patch this year. Wish we could go to that one. Your kids are adorable and you look great too!