Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our Trip to Disney World

The most magical place on earth! I took this picture while we were waiting in line to meet Rapunzel. Disney workers went throughout the park blowing bubbles...only adding to the magic!
My Mom got a job doing the flowers for the Children's Miracle Network's fundraising event held at Disney World. When we got the news that we were getting a VERY inclusive trip to Disney World, I could barely contain myself! We knew that we would be working hard helping my mom with the event, but knew that we would have some fun time in the park as well. It was our first trip to Disney World and I was excited to see the differences from Disneyland (I am still a Disneyland lover through and through!). Taelee was so excited! She had been saving her pennies for a long time for Disneyland (whenever or if ever it happened). A few days before we left I took her to Walmart and cashed in her pennies. She was thrilled that she had $32.00! I made her a little lanyard purse that she got to carry around with her money and other treasures. She felt so big! We told her that she could buy a few pins to go on her lanyard. She bought two, a pin with all the princesses and a Tinkerbell one. She lost the princess one the first day at the Magic Kingdom. Stephen was on a loosing roll that day. He lost the pin, a park ticket, and Kingston's Winky! Kingston was devastated! After all of my precautions of keeping it safe (I loosed his neck with ribbon and hooked it to the stroller), it still got lost! He kept looking at us holding up his hands like where is it?! Poor guy! Luckily we found another one on line and had it shipped to our house shortly after we got home. He actually did OK without it, just got rather attached to his binky all day and night! I was so nervous how he was going to act when I took it away again at home, he is doing pretty well without it, but still asks for it when he is tired!
...back to the start of the trip! Taelee was so excited to go and see her Nana and her cousins. About a week before we left we made a chain with the castle at the top. I love these chains! They help her better understand the amount of time left for special events. It helps avoid the questions like, is it time yet? When it was time I was gitty as could be, I hyped Taelee right up! They both did great on the plane! We got there about 2, and headed straight to the Magical Express, the bus that took us right to our Disney Hotel!
Here we are on the Magical Express, way to excited to be on our way!
A sleepy guy not even aware of how sleepy he will be the next few days!
We stayed at the Contemporary Resort. It was a beautiful hotel, and it was the best location! Five minute walk to the Magic Kingdom, the Monerail ran right through the hotel, and buses could take you to the other parks. Disney World is HUGE! Everything is so spread out and it is about a twenty minute bus ride to get the Holly Wood Studios and Downtown Disney. It is a lot of commuting, that is why I prefer Disneyland, but it was amazing and so much fun getting to experience a new place. We were so blessed with this trip, it was a dream come true. We are so grateful for my mom and the Children's Miracle Network who allowed us to come and provided so much for us!
The view from the hall right outside our door.
Our view from our room.
We got to the hotel about four and didn't waste any time! My Mom, Preslie, and Joey met us there. We got right on the monorail and headed for Epcot to meet up with Chelsea. The kids were so excited to see each other! Taelee and Joey had a blast with each other and couldn't stop hugging and holding hands.
The girls posing at Finding Nemo
After a short time at Epcot we decided to go to Downtown Disney and get some dinner. Boy was that an adventure! My sister found out that there was a Sweet Tomatoes "right down the street" from Downtown Disney...not quite! We started walking in the drizzling rain thinking we would be there in a few minutes. The drizzle became rain and soon the rain became a poor! By that time it was too late to turn back. We asked a few people where it was, and kept being told it was close, we were almost there. We had been walking for at least 30 minutes at this point. I wasn't even upset, I just found it hilarious and couldn't stop laughing. I thought why not make the best of it and have it become a very memorable experience. I took the girls and started running to find puddles to jump in, we were already soaked so why not?! They had so much fun and forgot about being cold and wet and Taelee forgot about the pain she was having (she was getting another UTI). By the time we got there we were all starving and SOOO happy to be there! Once we got our food we all realized it was worth it, but we didn't want to make the trek back to our hotel so we called a cab, another thing that was so worth it!
Here we are finally so close to our destination...almost there! and soaking wet!
The next day we headed to the Magic Kingdom. Taelee still wasn't feeling so great she was feavering and everything, but she was sooo excited to go! I was grateful I brought some Tylenol along just in case!

My Little Princess!
It was quite bussier than we thought it was going to be, but nothing the Vrska's can't handle! The longest line we waited in was It's a Small World, about 30 minutes. Stephen was an excellent fast pass runner!
One morning Stephen and I took the kids by ourselves to meet some characters. This was Taelee's worst day of her infection. She was somewhat miserable. Stephen and I felt so bad for her. We were so happy that we took her to see the characters, it really made her day. She was thrilled to get to meet Jasmine! I wasn't too sure I wanted her meeting her because she was so immodest (I mean really? couldn't they have covered her up a little?!), but Taelee had been talking about meeting the real Jasmine in Disney World for so long. I couldn't bring myself to say no. Taelee was in heaven! Jasmine had a long conversation with her. Taelee showed her her glasses with Rajah inside and told her that she was her favorite. They talked about Kingston being a little monkey, and that her favorite color is blue just like hers. Taelee was posing the whole time and talking to her in such a big girl way. We were so happy that she enjoyed it so much!
I cropped the picture, but know that Taelee's hands were princess posed for the picture!
Along with Jasmine Taelee met all the other princesses. Tiana thought that she had amazing manners, and Rapunzel was so sweet! She was also got to meet Prince Eric and Aladdin. 
She met a lot of other characters as well. 
 Pinocchio 
Peter Pan (she wasn't too sure about meeting him)
 Aladdin
one of my favorites growing up...Pluto!
Taelee was really excited to meet Minnie Mouse, especially because she was wearing her Minnie ears!
Kingston did ok with the characters as long as we were holding him, but wouldn't go near them without us. He actually hit Mickey! A much different reaction than I thought he would have.
She also met Donald Duck and Chip and Dale, but we didn't get any of those pictures.
Taelee was the most excited to ride the Magic Carpet's of Aladdin and the Tower of Terror. The Magic Carpets were a lot of fun, and she loved them! She did awesome on the Tower of Terror and wanted to ride it again. She loved it! Her very favorite ride ended up being Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She LOVED it! 
The Magic Carpet's of Aladdin
Getting ready to take off on the Magic Carpet!
Nana and Taelee on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! She ended up riding it like five times! She kept calling it the Dinosaur ride because of the dinosaur bones at the end. She would cover her ears and close her eyes on the first hill because it was really loud and there were "bats" in the cave. Once we passed that she held her hands up the whole time. She LOVED this ride!
Dumbo was another one of the longest lines we waited in. They had so much fun on it though!
We sure enjoyed the magic!
Taelee was so happy to get to spend time with her cousins!
a worker came by and sparkled Taelee and Joey with Pixie Dust! I just love all the magic you experience at Disney! It's this magic that makes it so hard to come home!
Our little princess with all her princess poses!
Poor Kingston missing his Winky and oh so sleepy! He got really good at falling asleep in the stroller and just conked out whenever we put him in the crib. 
On one of the days we had to work on the flowers Stephen took the kids on a walk around the hotel and to the hotel's beach. Once again the kids had so much fun together!
Our short trip to Hollywood Studios.
We were able to watch some great shows there, Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. They were all entranced by all the singing and dancing! They were really good!
After Hollywood Studios we took our ferry the Sassagoula (got a kick out of the name) to Downtown Disney. It was so relaxing and a fun way to get there.
Our last day at the Magic Kingdom. We went for a few hours in the morning before we set up for the big event. After we were done setting up we went back for a few hours before we had to clean up.
In the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room
 Beautiful fireworks ending our night and time in the Magic Kingdom!
We worked on the flowers for the event throughout our stay there. During the set up I was able to talk to David Archuleta and Meredith Vieira. I also stood about a foot from Steve Young. Something unexpected and pretty cool that doesn't happen every day!
My oh so talented mom put together something absolutely breathtaking! 
These were a few of the arrangements in production.
This trip was an amazing unforgettable experience, and we feel so blessed that we were able to go!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. You are such a fun little mommy.

Lisa said...

SUCH AN AMAZING TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love, love, LOVE all the pictures!!!! Those ones of Taelee with all the Disney princess are truly adorable! So happy you guys had such a magical trip. :)