I love the Fourth of July! I love our country, and the freedoms that we have here. I especially love getting to spend time with my family, especially Stephen, since our time together is so limited right now. He didn't have to work during the day, but came home after Deans and we had to be to our ward breakfast at eight so he was a "little" sleepy, but sleepy Steve is better than no Steve in my book! At the ward breakfast they had a bike parade, breakfast, games, and snowcones. We finally bought Taelee a new bike that she actually fits on! She helped decorate it for the parade, and she was so excited to get to ride it! After the breakfast we came home and Brother Hurst came over to help us dig up the spot for our garden. He has been such a huge help getting our garden started and we are so grateful for his knowledge and expertise on the subject. Taelee and Kingston love when he comes over because he brings over his chihauhau and Taelee LOVES chihauhaus because of the Skippy Jon Jones books. Kingston just loves dogs in general, so he chases her around saying "chiwawa, chiwawa". After naps we went to a couple stores and then headed over the Stephen's parents for dinner. After dinner we went over to McKinney to watch the firework show.
I had some old milk from a sippy cup so I thought It would be fun to make red white and blue stars with food coloring and a toothpick. Taelee loved it and couldn't wait to go start celebrating!
She couldn't have been happier to be riding her decked out bike!
Kingson's idea of riding...
Yet again, proof that Stephen does exist! The kids are always so happy when they get to spend time with their daddy, it's like a special treat!
There was a grasshopper on the wall and Kingston was in heaven! He even gave him a kiss...
Did I mention that he LOVES bugs!!!
We played on the playground for a bit and played the lawn games.
Hard at work!
I tried to get festive with the food. Taelee thought the kabobs were pretty special. She made sure that everyone at the table got the one that she assigned to them (Miss In Charge).
Stephen wasn't able to come to the fireworks, so we went with Nancy and Jorddan. While we waited for the fireworks we played tag, and had some fun with glowsticks.
The night ended with bang and two very sleepy kids!






1 comment:
A garden! So fun!! I need to get ours ready for the fall, I'm excited to get some more fresh stuff. And Taelee looks beautiful on her patriotic bike!
Post a Comment