Our sweet Taelee has been taking piano lessons from my friend Lisa for the past couple months. She loves music and these lessons have only amplified that love! I love watching her practice! She gets a little frustrated in the beginning as she tries to figure it out, but after a few tries it clicks and she is proud she knows another song! I love hearing her play! Lisa is expecting baby number three in a couple weeks and will be taking a break from lessons for a few months. She planned a piano recital before the break, and Taelee was so excited to perform her piece "Come Fly" for all her friends and family! She sent out invitations to Grandma & Grandpa and Nana & Gonka. She was convinced that Nana & Gonka were going to come! I knew they were coming, but we wanted to keep it a surprise for Taelee and Kingston. She told Lisa that they were going to be at the recital and Lisa knowing that it was a surprise didn't divulge any information. Later I asked Taelee why she thought Nana and Gonka were coming and she simply said, "because I sent them an invitation." I was a terrible mom and I told a little white lie, they were probably not going to make it. She however had the faith that brought them here, and boy was she excited! We had everyone over for our traditional breakfast for dinner and Family Home Evening. We had a lesson about our gifts and talents. We played a little game where we wrote down a gift or talent the person to our left had, wrote it down on a sticky note, and stuck it to their forehead. They then had to ask questions to try and guess what we thought their talent was. It was a fun little game and the kids (including grandpa) had a good time guessing! After FHE we headed off to the recital at Miss Lisa's. Taelee did such a wonderful job! It was so special watching our sweet girl show her talent! We love her so much and are so proud of her!
She loves that her friends Isabella, Ella, and Brody are also Lisa's students and were part of the recital too!
Kingston was proud of her too!
I bought her a small bouquet of flowers for after the recital...she was in heaven! I could tell that they meant so much to her, she didn't put them down for a second!
Life would not be complete without her best friend Isabella!
It meant a lot to Taelee (and me!) to have so many people there to support her. I had no idea when we first found out about her recital that she would have so many people come. We were so blessed to have Nana and Gonka there and a special surprise to have Robin and Tyler too!
After the recital we all came back to the house to do a puzzle. The kids had a blast playing together! They created a paper factory store and delivered special notes to us as we did the puzzle. They were having so much fun we let them stay up until 9:30! That is absolutely unheard of at our house, but I just could bare breaking up the fun they were having!













1 comment:
Awwww!! She did SO GOOD!!! I was so very proud of her! It was so fun seeing these little piano performers play their best and work so hard all summer long. I can't wait to start back up again because I would hate for them to loose all that they have learned. And yay for such many family members coming, that is such a blessing! She is a sweetie and love little Miss Taelee around here! :)
Post a Comment