Our little three year old had a wonderful birthday! We had a little celebration with donuts and presents on his actual birthday, but waited for the "big" celebration for the day after so we could have Grandma and Grandpa join us. I asked Kingston months ago what kind of birthday he wanted and I got a different response every time, but he did continue to say Toy Story so we went with that. I of course had fun coming up with decorations and games and putting it all together! Kingston loved everything and was so excited to have his own special day!
He was so excited about his door! He wanted to keep it up so it stayed up for two days and we had to slide under the bottom piece.
This was the best addition to the decor! Taelee took all of Kingston's figurines in for quiet time and drew them. I was so impressed with her Jessie and Woody! She drew every little detail, even down to Woody's plaid shirt and Jessie's braid!
The "big" celebration was a huge hit! I came up with these games last minute, but I was so glad that we had them because Kingston (and everyone else) loved them! The first game was bullseye. I colored a bullseye on poster paper and filled stockings with flour. It worked out perfectly. The kids loved watching the flour fly and being able to see where their ball hit! Kingston was the closest shot by far and the only one to get a bullseye!
Next up was pin the antenna on the alien. Grandma got it right on the money! Kingston didn't like the idea of putting the scarf around his eyes so he got second place with his eyes open.
This was by far the best last minute idea ever!! I was walking through Walgreens when this rocket caught my eye. My wheels started rolling and since it was on clearance it was the perfect addition to our festivities! I strapped Woody and Buzz to the front and viola we had Toy Story 1 covered! The kids were squealing and the adults were into the fun too!
CAKE TIME! He was pretty taken back by the sparkling flames and the singing
Taelee decided to use her own money to buy him a present. I took her to the store where she picked out a magna doodle. She wrapped it all by herself and was so excited to watch him open it. It was so sweet to see her put all her heart (and basically all her money) into the gift for her brother! We went in on a group gift with my mom and dad and bought him a wooden train set by Brio. He and Taelee were thrilled and spent hours playing together with it and another Thomas the Train set his friend Tristan gave him. When Grandma and Grandpa came he got showered with Jake and the Neverland Pirate loot. He was one happy boy on his birthday!!
Oh how we love our sweet birthday boy!!








1 comment:
What a fabulous birthday party!! I love all the cute details! Great job!
Post a Comment