Stephen had his first trail race in Tyler, Texas a couple weekends ago, so we packed up for a fun weekend getaway. It was a beautiful little town, and the park was AMAZING!
We headed to the zoo first. It was a beautiful little zoo! The kids had a great time exploring with Grandma and Grandpa.
Of course this little guy was tuckered out by the end!
After a little break at the hotel we went to the Tyler Rose Gardens. The kids are always in heaven when they get to explore outside!
Saturday morning was Stephen's trail race. He was excited about doing something a little different, and we had a great time in the beautiful park while we waited for him. Unfortunately, after mile 8 he had a really bad cramp in his calf, causing him to job/walk the next two miles to the fill up station. He was in quite a bit of pain and had to call it quits by mile 10. He was very disappointed, seeing that this was the first time he ever had to quit a race. I am glad he listened to his body though and didn't sustain anything major.
just waiting...
The kids decided to make something special for Stephen since he was pretty bummed.
5 comments:
Oh I remember that giraffe area so well!! I'm jealous you got to go see some of the fun things in my old stomping grounds. Looks like a fun weekend! And sorry to Steven on his leg, I know how that must have been a bummer but like you said, it's good he listened to his body and didn't sustain any major injuries. He'll race again soon enough. :)
I totally have that same shirt that you have on in the picture of your family! Cute! PS will you text me, I think you have my number but the number I have for you is wrong.
Your pictures are so pretty it looks like you were in a little part of Africa! Wow! We were so bummed for Steve!):
Looks like so much fun! I cannot believe how big they are. I love how your little girl LOVES every detail of everything.
How are you feeling? And I am glad Steven decided to listen to his body. It is the best thing you can do.
Looks like so much fun! I cannot believe how big they are. I love how your little girl LOVES every detail of everything.
How are you feeling? And I am glad Steven decided to listen to his body. It is the best thing you can do.
Post a Comment