Four years sure goes by quickly! It's hard to believe that this little stud is already FOUR! He has filled our lives with more happiness and love than I ever thought possible! It is so true that there is a special bond between moms and their little boys. He is spunky, shy, adventurous, playful, imaginative, smart, sweet, thoughtful, and oh so handsome! He loves to play with his big sister! They started sharing a room a couple months ago, and since then they have come up with some pretty fun imaginary friends. They have baby trolls they constantly talk to and bring to stores. Every day when we pick up Taelee from school Kington asks Taelee's baby trolls what they learned about. They have two little stuffed animals, Zumbie and Zaharra that they are crazy about! They love to pretend they are their babies, and they too come just about EVERYWHERE with us! He loves his big sister, and has the sweetest heart. He shares so much with her, and always gives her the best. The other day we were playing trains and playing the picking game. I told him he could go first, but he quickly corrected me and said, "no mom, girls go first!" He is going to make one lucky lady pretty happy someday (but lets not rush that!) I am teaching him at home this year before he goes off to Kindergarten :( and I am amazed at how well he listens and sits still. He had a lot of practice last year in Taelee's class and will be ready for Kindergarten (although, I don't think I will be). He knows all his letters and sounds and how to write almost all of them. He knows colors and shapes and how to count to 30 (more if I help him with the next group of 10). We are so grateful to have this handsome boy in our family!
I'm not sure why I go all out even when it's just a few of us, but I know that he felt super special, so I guess that's a pretty good reason. He was excited to have his door decorated and discover that dinosaurs had been walking all over our walls! We had fossils, dino bones, and dinosaur eggs. I kept thinking his cake would be, well a piece of cake to make! It however, was quite intimidating, and definitely NOT perfect! The kids thought it was the best thing ever though, and that's all that matters! So happy we got to celebrate with Stephen's mom and dad who also have birthdays in August.
He was pretty excited about his Spiderman Costume! Now lucky for me we have Halloween covered! (If after naps and constant play time it holds up till then!)
I loved his face while we sang to him. You could tell he felt pretty special!
Happy Birthday little man, oh how we love you!






3 comments:
My heart felt so joyful reading this. Kingston is a special boy...but you my friend are a very special mama. I love you !
What a fun and special birthday for Kingston!! He's growing up way too fast! Love the dinosaur theme. :)
You're kids are so lucky to have you! What a fun birthday!
Post a Comment