We are so thrilled to announce our little Eden Claire Vrska is here! Born November 25, 2014 at 8:07am weighing 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. Our petite little lady is such a blessing and has already filled our home with so much peace and love!
We had my c-section scheduled for 7:30am on the 25th so we had to be there at 5:30 that morning. Monday night just felt surreal. Kingston woke up needing to go to the bathroom around 3am and I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to take a long bath. As I sat there I still couldn't believe that this was the day! Stephen and I prayed that morning and I was overcome with the spirit and emotion as I thanked our Heavenly Father once again for granting this miracle and blessing to us. The ride to the hospital was again surreal! We got to the hospital and checked in. They took us back to a room where they hooked me up to my IV and the monitor. I could tell little lady was excited to make her appearance because she was kicking around like crazy. Stephen and I sat there for a while watching the news (Rioting in Missouri! The world in which we were going to be bringing our sweet little spirit into. At least we know where to find and teach peace to our children!) The nurses had us get our gear on, Stephen was really excited about his tapered paper pants and monster booties.
It still didn't feel real as I walked across the hall to the OR. The room was cold and sterile and I was so grateful to be fully awake remembering every moment of little Eden's birth! The anasthesiologist came in to began the spinal. They said I had the perfect back and position for it and I should teach all the other patients. Ha! Little did we know that I would be getting a spinal headache 48 hours later, despite my perfect back and the perfect stick! Good old less than 1% odds! I started to feel my legs go numb immediately. They laid me back and they began to prep me. There was a lot of small talk between the nurses and doctors. Stephen and Dr. Branning talked about running shoes and the nurses and doctors were invited to come to Stephen's running store. He even shared the gospel a bit as they were working on me. The anesthesiologist noticed the temple picture on Stephen's phone and asked him what it was. Stephen then explained that it was an LDS temple and told them that's where we got married and they asked some questions about it. I have learned from my husband that there are always opportunities to share the Gospel, even in an operating room. Eden was making sure to make her presence known because she didn't stop kicking even while they were making the incisions. It all felt unreal, that is until Dr. Branning said, "Well hello, sweet girl!" I felt a final tug and there she was, lifted above the drape, our beautiful little miracle! Tears began to flow from my eyes. She was here! She was actually here! Those long years of trying and failing were long gone, our little IVF miracle was here! Her little cry was the sweetest thing, so quiet and short. When they told me that she was only 7lbs 6oz I was shocked, I was convinced that she was going to be a much bigger baby. I couldn't wait to have her next to me. It felt like an eternity as they were getting her measurements and wrapping her up. When they brought her to me and laid her on my chest I thought my heart was going to burst! This moment will forever be etched in my memory. As I felt her breath on my neck and I could feel her warmth. Such peace and love encircled me at that moment! I felt like this bonded us instantly together. I felt truly blessed to be given that opportunity since I didn't get that with either of my other births. I held her the entire time as they were stitching me up. Stephen carried her into recovery and they instantly put her back on my chest once I was in the recovery room. She didn't hesitate to start breastfeeding. She has been my little sucking champ and hasn't stopped! She has done so well with breastfeeding!
We had to be in recovery for a while while they monitored me. Once I was cleared we headed to our room. Shortly after getting settled my parents brought the kids in to meet their little sister! They were both so excited to finally see her! Taelee could't stop smiling and saying, "She is just so cute!" It was such a wonderful meet and greet! Unfortunately Taelee and Kingston both had cold, flu, diarrhea - lovely cold weather junk that they weren't able to come the next day to the hospital. Taelee was banned from touching her until she had finished her antibiotic and even then I have been very leery about touching. One of the downsides of having a winter baby! They came up on Thanksgiving and spent some time hanging out in the hospital with us.
The day after Thanksgiving we were able to come home. We were happy to get home after being in the hospital for 3 days. My spinal headache was pretty miserable the day before we left, but I asked for a blessing from Stephen and my dad, and the Lord blessed us once again. Shortly after the blessing I stopped having symptoms, and I was able to get up for short periods without having any pain. The morning of our discharge I was having a little pain, but nothing that would cause us to stay. It was amazing driving home as a family of five. Little Eden adds a whole lot of joy to our family! As I took her out of her carseat "The First Noel" was playing on Pandora radio. And as I stood in the middle of our living room, I was overcome with emotion. I was finally holding this sweet little spirit. She was HOME, something I had been yearning for so long.
The first moment of the rest of her life!
The best meet and greet I've ever attended.















5 comments:
Beautiful! Love her name! She definitely looks like a little King!
Collette always says how weird and anticlimactic it is to have a C-section. You just walk in and half hour later there is a baby!
Oh congrats. That last picture tugged at my heart. You're such a beautiful and wonderful mother. Oh welcome to earth little eden.
She is seriously the cutest with those lips!! She's adorable Whitney, I'm so glad for your beautiful family.She truly is a blessing!
I am so blessed to have such beautiful grandchildren. I am so grateful to have been able to be there. Eden is a gift right from our Father in Heaven. I love my little Texas family. Dad (Gonka)
Oh so blessed! I have been so touched by the sweet spirit of love and pure joy this sweet little angel has brought to
Your family! She is so beautiful! I love you all and so grateful to be a part of your life and you in mine!
Mom
I would write more if I could see through my tears...but since I can't I just want you to know how happy I am for you and how much I love you. You have always been so special to me.
Post a Comment