Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Moments that Get me Through the Day

Taelee is such a funny little girl! I know I say this a lot and I post a lot of videos, but she keeps me laughing! She has such a funny personality! I am excited to see the next funny thing she comes up with. I have to share these things because she doesn't normally do them for other people because she is very timid when she is out of her element. Her favorite thing to do is sort things. She could spend hours sorting just about anything: clothes, balls, pillows, her stuffed animals, toys, laundry, and best of all diapers. I found her the other day with her diapers. She would move them from the basket and take them to a pile she was making at the door. Once the pile was just right she would then take them back to the basket. I wish I had it on video because it was so funny! But she does it with everything! She loves to make piles and move the items from one pile to the other. She especially loves to hand me the things from her pile and then take them back. On New Years Eve she was doing this with four cards and each time she would hand them to me she would say what sounded like one, two three (un, doo, dree) it was pretty amazing! The other day she was playing with some balls and I showed her how to put them in her jacket...she loved it! She sat there for a long time taking them in and out of her jacket. She has a pretty good attention span for a 12 month old! If I need to get something done I give her something that she can sort and she is good for a long time!
The First video is of her sorting the balls in her jacket, and the second is her just being silly!
Since Taelee was 7 months old she loved to put things in her mouth and just sit there with them. Once she started to crawl she would put them in her mouth and crawl around the house. She now does it all the time! Her favorite thing is chap stick, but she will do it with just about anything she can keep in her mouth. Yesterday it was the plastic cup. I always get a good laugh out of it.
Today she took her animals for a little ride in the laundry basket, and she thought it was the best thing ever!

Taelee is such a blessing to our family. She brings so much joy into even the darkest day. We are back to an even crazier schedule with Stephen student teaching, so I am grateful that I have a little girl that makes me laugh and who gets me though the day!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

taelee is so smart. love the fishy face. it'd be fun to see tyler and taelee play together.

nora.lakehurst said...

Taelee is adorable and so smart!!!! We so need to get together and play. Do you have a shape cube? I think she would love one of those. They are the best. Ethan was alot like Taelee and He LOVED the shape cube.

me said...

You need to just move down here and we can hang out while our husbands are always gone. It would be so fun. Taelee would have loved our house this morning- we sorted all sorts of things for the boys school. We could adapt it to every age!

fleur be me said...

Taelee is a cutie!

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Taelee is so cute. I loved the video with her making animal sounds. She is so grown up! Looks like you guys had a fun christmas too! Taelee is gorgeous! I wish Ainsley had that much hair!

Brooke and BJ said...

They are so fun at this age, aren't they? Taelee is so cute! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog....of course we remember you!