Friday, March 6, 2009

Feel Good Friday

I was wondering how I was going to do this today. With the way today started out I thought I was going to have to think really hard on something I was thankful for. My family has been experiencing a lot of tears and fear of the unknown today, but the Lord has heard our prayers and we have been greatly blessed! I am so grateful for my family and the connection I have with my parents and siblings!

1. Hymns/church music. While I was driving up to my parent's house today I was very anxious. I decided to put in one of my favorite church CDs, and my heart was instantly filled with peace and my mind was clear. I love the way hymns make me feel.

2. Cell Phones. They have kept me in the "know" today. I don't know how we ever got by without them! I love being able to get in touch with anyone in my family!

3. Taelee's silly faces. If only we all had the minds of little children! Even in hard times they always smile and make us happy! Taelee makes some of the funniest faces. She always makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes!

6 comments:

me said...

Oh! I love that about kids too! They have no idea about stress or life (or at least they shouldn't) and so when we are falling apart they are happy and smiling and clueless to what is going on- which makes us happy and smiling when life gets crazy... I guess I am usually somewhat clueless as well!

fleur be me said...

Whitney, I'm not sure what I would do without your strength!! I was not sure how I was going to get through that day that seemed to grow dark with out light but through the tears and the prayers and the strength of family and the blessings that were poured upon us from Heavenly Father. But especially Your love and your droping everything to come and be with dad and I, the light begin to come through. I am so greatful for the blessings of the gospel in our life, the simple truth!
Our day of fasting and going to the temple on the following day meant so much to Dad and I. I am so greatful for the temple. A place of peace in this hard world we live in. Thank you for your support and love in all you do!
I am so greatful for the blessings of having children who are so wise
and strong, I know Aaron felt the love and strength from all of his brothers and sisters. A blessing to him!
Again thank you for being there for me on Friday..... I love you!

Rachelle said...

Hey Whit! I hope everything is okay! If you every need anything feel free to call me! I do however, LOVE your "feel good Fridays" it helps you remember to be grateful for even the small things!

AshleeBashlee said...

I love you so much...

What does your week look like next week? Josh will be out of town and I don't have school so i will have a lot of time to get ALOT done. Do you want to go Veil stuff shopping that week? Let me know if that works... Plan on getting a picture text this week... ha ha

Koreena said...

I'm so sorry your family is going through some rough times right now. It sounds really bad. We'll keep you in our prayers. A thankful heart is always a good start to better days. (((HUGS)))

Vrska's said...

Sorry things are so tough right now Hang in there and let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Love yah