Friday, May 1, 2009

Feel Good Friday


1. The Internet. I am still amazed at how much you can do! ! I love blogging, and I love the coupons I can print off using the Internet. I get on the computer at least once a day, I think I would be lost without it...google for instance!

2. Target. My ultimate favorite superstore! I love there clothes and merchandise! If you catch there good deals matched with there store coupons and other coupons, you can get things for really great prices. For instance, Stephen and I went there on his day off Wednesday; the total before coupons was $98.00 after I cashed in all my coupons we spent $25.00 that is a savings of $73.00!!! I know I am somewhat of a coupon nerd, but you should see our food storage! It is really exciting to have food in our house and still have money in the bank!

3. The opportunity and responsibility I have to teach Taelee the gospel. I think it is such an honor to be a mother. Don't get me wrong, it is a tough job, but it is so rewarding! I am especially grateful that we have the freedom to teach our children about the gospel, I am so grateful for the things my parents taught me, and now I have the opportunity to do the same for my children. We have a picture of Jesus in Taelee's room and every night we say good night to Jesus and then say a prayer. Well in the move that picture broke, so I replaced it with another smaller picture of Jesus. Last night I was putting Taelee to bed and when it came time to pray I showed her the new picture of Jesus, she looked at the picture and then looked around the room trying to find her picture. After a moment of searching she looked at the new picture and said Jesus and blew him a kiss. It is moments like this when I know I am doing something right. We have a large picture of the First Presidency in our home, and we often point to them and show her who they are. Today I was showing her the videos on our blog and I scrolled down to the picture of the First Presidency, she looked at the picture and said "Mons" President Monson. I was so proud of her knowing who it was! It just goes to show you that children retain EVERYTHING at this age and it is the time to teach them! I am so grateful that I can be home with Taelee every day, it takes a lot of sacrifice (especially for Stephen having to work so hard), but we wouldn't have it any other way!!!

5 comments:

fleur be me said...

That girl amazes me

Nancy said...

you are such a terrific mom, Taelee is lucky to have you...and you saved $73!!!!!!!!!!!!That's amazing!

Rachelle said...

Seriously...$73? Can you please teach me how to do this? And I am being totally serious! Congrats Steve on graduating! That is such an accomplishment! And good work to you both of you on teaching little Taelee, what a smart girl! By the way, Ill give you a call later, I only have like 10 pictures left to edit! Ill finish tonight.

me said...

I always enjoy your feel good Friday. Totally off topic, Maddox just pointed at the picture of Steve in the grad cap and said, "Uncle Cheese!" That is really funny.

Now he is saying, "I want Uncle Cheese."

Whitney said...

Well tell him Uncle Cheese is on his way in a week in a half! That is too funny!