...not the typical Lions and Tigers and Bears...Today we went up to my Brother and Sister's house for dinner. Taelee was quite silly the whole time we were up there. She had a hard time saying goodbye to Nana when we left so as a diversion I asked her if she wanted to find some deer on the way down (they live up on Sun Crest). She was into that so I told her to put her hands around her eyes and use them like binoculars and look for animals. Well that turned into a game of looking for monkeys, giraffes, chipmunks, and an occasional deer with our "nocunars". She was non stop "monkeys, trees, baby, mama, noconars, eyes, munks, hiding, where are you?! gaffs, noconars." She was really serious about it too, looking out the window and pointing at what she was seeing. When we got down to Draper I told her that we could find some real horses, but she scowled at me and said "monkeys", She didn't want anything to do with real animals! She had Stephen and I laughing so hard because she would not stop talking! When we got home she was frustrated because she couldn't look for animals anymore....I had to tell her they were sleeping! I guess this is a game we'll have to play on our 20+ hour drive to Texas on Saturday since it kept her happy and busy.
Then while we were putting her to sleep she was non stop talking about the sleeping animals. Singing our typical "I am a Child of God" was a funny chore because she wouldn't stop repeating what she was saying until I acknowledged it and told her that the animals were sleeping. She was full of it! While we were reading to her from "Piggies" (a very cute book about our fingers) she started eating the pigs on the pages saying "yum yum". She is one funny girl!
She definitely gave us a laugh tonight!
She definitely gave us a laugh tonight!
1 comment:
Haha! She's so funny and smart! Good luck on your drive!
Post a Comment