9 months ago
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
The Prayer of a Two Year Old
Over the last couple of days we have really been trying to help Taelee with her "personal" prayers. Every night we kneel down as a family and pray, and she repeats them with us. I want to get her in the habit of her own prayers, so we do our routine of scripture, song, family prayer, a story, and now we have added her "personal" prayer next to her bed before she gets in. Last night we talked to her about what she was grateful for before she said her prayer (so she wouldn't say the same thing every time). She ran around her room naming off all the things she was grateful for..."My Jasmin Light, My basket, My books, My bed, My Mirror, My friends, My dot dot blanket, Bell, Mommy, Daddy, Baby..., Jesus, Heavenly Father..." and the list went on and on! She then knelt down and said those things in her prayer, it was so sweet! It was so funny to see her get so excited about all the things she was grateful for, and to see her recognize them! I sure hope that these things we are teaching her stick with her! I never thought parenting could be as challenging as it is (especially right now with this age!) with potty training, nap time, sleeping, attitude, and tantrums...the joys of parenthood are becoming quite fuzzy. It makes me really grateful for moments like last night that make me think maybe, just maybe I'm doing something right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You guys are amazing parents and Taelee is just a normal 2 year-old! Actually she is such a good girl compared to many other 2 year-olds I have known! She is sweet and funny and curious about her world because you guys have been such awesome parents and have taught her to be curious and smart and want to check out everything in her world. I know the little guy will be just like her and that is something to look forward too!
No Maybe about it!!!! You amaze me! I am so in Awe at the good job of parenting you are doing. It is not easy that is for sure. I am not just saying this to validate. I am truly amazed! Taelee is so smart and it's good parents who nurture and influence her amazing growth. Yes, she may have her moments, but you both are so good at putting it into perspective and teaching with love.
President Uchtdorf said in his talk
"You are My Hands" What good is our teaching without love? Love is what inspired our Heavenly Father to create our spirits; It is what led our Savior to the Garden of Gethsemane to make Himself a ransom for our sins. Love is grand motive of the plan of salvation; it is the source of happiness, the ever-renewing spring of healing the precious fountain of hope. As we extend our hands and hearts toward others in Christlike love, something wonderful happens to us. Our own spirits become healed, more refined, and stronger. We become happier, more peaceful, and more receptive to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit."
I shared this with you. Because you are a perfect example of Love in parenting, As President Uchtdorf so perfectly teaches! I so loved this talk! I know you will be raising amazing children of our Heavenly Father, and he is helping you all the way
because of your obedience and Love for him!
Sorry for so many words! I just truly want you to know how amazed we are! Much love to our little Texas family!
Post a Comment