Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Campout with Daddy

Stephen had a BRILLIANT idea to have a campout with Taelee in the living room. She was SOOO... excited! Stephen put the tent up early on that day and she was convinced that it was time to have the campout all day long. We went to the library and got some movies and books, and went to Dollar Tree and got a special treat. She chose a Goofy Pez dispenser (go figure, something Disney). On a side note: next to Dollar Tree there is a Petco. I thought it would be fun to take her in there to see the animals. She LOVED it! It took her mind off the campout for a little while. I decided that on a hot bored day Petco is a great free place to take her! We got home and had our routine breakfast for family home evening. We learned about the birth of Jesus. We were looking at a picture of a manger seen, and Taelee looked at Joseph and asked "is Joseph a monkey?!" I don't know where she got that from, but it gave us a good laugh! After family home evening Taelee was beside herself! She was so excited, running around the house saying, "OK! Come on guys, lets go have our Campout!!!" I think she was most excited about getting to watch a few movies. We watched Mickey Mouse, and Princess and the Frog (Tiana). I made them caramel popcorn and Taelee had her Goofy Pez. After the movies I went to bed and left Taelee and Daddy to sleep in the tent. Stephen said that it took her a while to settle down and finally go to sleep (around 11 o'clock, a very brave thing for strict routine me to do!). I know that she had lots of fun though! I am so glad that Stephen thought of it! I think it was something that was really special for her to do before her brother comes. We hope that this was a day she will remember for a long time, I know I will!

3 comments:

Abby said...

That is so cute. It's good to have fun nights like that every once in awhile, even if they do stay up way too late.
Good idea on Petco. I think I'll be going there soon- Ty would love to look at the animals.
Thanks for the help yesterday! I've gotten some more supplies to make a few more bows!

Anonymous said...

AW! SO fun! I sure miss seein you!

fleur be me said...

sure wish we could have been a little mouse in a corner! I think camp outs in the living room may be a tradition. How cute is that! what a good daddy! love you!