Monday, April 25, 2011

For the Beauty of the Earth

We took a back road home from Costco one day and boy am I glad we did! We found a field of beautiful Texas blue bonnets, but not only were there blue bonnets there were thousands of bright red poppies! Poppies are one of my favorite flowers, it literally took my breath away!
It is so hard to get a picture with everyone looking. Taelee was so enthralled by the flowers I could barely get her to look at me, she just wanted to smell and touch them. Kingston just wanted to eat them... literally! He ate a big poppy leaf, I couldn't get it out of his mouth in time, it went right down.
 
A princess amongst the flowers!
These kids are so lucky to have this Daddy!

4 comments:

Abby said...

That is such a pretty field of flowers. You'll have to let me know where you found it. Cute pictures too.

fleur be me said...

Ok........where was I that day...sure wish I could have been a little mouse in your pocket seeing such amazing beauty!!!! Yes...take your breath away!!!! How lucky to have found such a gift that day!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures!

Nancy said...

stunning pictures...I want some!