Monday, July 18, 2011

Kingston - Eleven Months

It's hard for me to say that our baby is eleven months old! He is growing, changing, and getting louder every day. He is a screamer, a yeller, an all over BOY, and he has his mamma wrapped around his little finger about a thousand times! I think he is pretty fond of me too, he is definitely going to be a mamma's boy! I could cuddle and kiss him all day long, but he is definitely too busy for that!
 *He loves animals, especially dogs! Stephen's brother's dog Jack and Kingston are best buddies! He loves to open his mouth and give Jack kisses (YUCK!). He gets so excited over animals, even in pictures! He reaches out for them and talks to them in his deep aaahhh (end pictures above show how he does that).
*He has really started liking books (yay!) his favorite book is the Usborne touchy-feely Puppies book.
*Lately he has been giving crusties when he doesn't like what we are doing (middle picture shows that).
*Stephen calls him Kingzilla (not the nicest name in the word!) because he gets into EVERYTHING! He loves to pull things apart, knock things over, and pull things down.
*He likes to sing whenever we sing (especially in church).
*He signs please, but isn't too interested in any other signs.
*He has started walking.
*He says "Mam Mam" for mom and "Daa" for Dad, and "Ba" for ball.
*He blows kisses.
*He occasionally will tell you what a elephant and fish say.
*He likes to feed himself. He has pretty much given up baby food because he tries to spit it out into his fingers so he can feed himself. He loves chicken, and he eats frozen peas like crazy!
*He LOVES his Winky! It gets so stinky because it goes everywhere with this boy! He loves to suck on the ends and the giraffes ears, and cover his little face with it. He sleeps with it. Thankfully it has taken the place of his binky. When he is tired he must have it. We haven't been able to find it a few times because he has taken with him into a closet or left it somewhere else. It is sometimes a chore trying to find it for bed. 
*He sticks is tongue out when you ask him where his tongue is.
 This boy has a very special place in my heart! He is so full of life and we are so grateful for him!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Cuteness!!

Sara Homer said...

Hey Whitney, It's Sara Homer!

This is probably going to sound so weird, but I had a dream about you the other night, and couldn't stop thinking about it the next day. I remember Melanie saying that you had a blog, so I decided to find you. I know we have totally lost touch but I would love to get in touch with you again! Your family is adorable. I am getting married in November and would love to send you an invite. If you'd like, send me an email with your address at sara.homer29@gmail.com and I will send you an invitation this fall. Hope all is well with you.
-Sara