Monday, March 12, 2012

Dot Dot Dot Earrins!!!

My baby girl got earrings on Saturday! The title might be confusing. But as Taelee was getting ready to get her earrings I was reminded of a video I posted two and a half years ago. Taelee was playing with my earrings saying, "dot dot dot earrins!!!" so cute check it out here! I told her about it and she couldn't stop saying that all day, "dot dot dot earrins!"
Taelee has been wanting earrings for a very long time. She started wanting them because she loves Jasmine, and wanted to have gold ones just like her. I talked to her a lot about the process of earrings. That it would hurt to get them, that she would have to take care of them, and ultimately be a "big girl". I told her that in order to get them we were going to do a sticker chart. She had to behave in a "big girl" way-be kind, respectful, helpful, and good listener, and do what we asked her the first time. She always does really well with sticker charts and it really motivates her to do her best. When she got that last sticker she couldn't have been more excited! She kept saying, "this is a very special day!" and it truly was! She could hardly contain her excitement! She was definitely ready for those earrings and oh so brave!
Pre Earrings, and oh so excited!
She was very curious about what the girl was doing. I could tell that she was a little nervous, but she was set on being brave and a "big girl". The girl piercing her ears did such a good job! She was so sweet and made Taelee feel so comfortable and even more excited. Every once in a while she couldn't hold back her excitement and would just let out a giddy laugh and giggle!
The only time she showed the slightest bit of regret was when they came over with the guns. She scrunched up her shoulders to cover her ears. That only lasted a second and then she was ready...She didn't cry a second! She was so brave! After they pierced them she pulled this face and looked so bravely worried. She said, "they hurt really really bad" without shedding a single tear. She was was so happy to have those earrings, but even more than that I think she was more proud of what a good job she did!
One proud girl!

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

She is so cute! Danni got hers two years ago. She loves them. She also LOVES Clairs earings. Here in Utah they have buy two sets get the third free. And they have so many choices. I just love her little glasses. You are raising such a beautiful princess.
Also you got a photo Bomer in the background on the bottom left pic.

Lisa said...

Good job Taelee!! You're so brave! They look beautiful!