Sunday, February 17, 2013

PlayTri Stonebridge Half Marathon

Stephen ran his first half marathon on Saturday at Stonebridge Ranch. He has been training for a few months and he was ready to race! I love watching him race, and come across that finish line! This race was a little different because we weren't able to see him multiple times as we have with his other races. Since the course was weaved throughout Stonebridge we only saw him at the start and the finish. It filled me with anticipation not knowing his placement. I heard the people in charge saying that the first people were coming up Stonebridge and would be coming through soon. My heart started to race and I asked, "what color is he wearing, what color is he wearing?!" A lady to my right said, "red, it's my boy!" ... I was overcome with emotion as I saw green come up over the last hill, HE was in the lead! A few more yards and he crossed the finish line, HE WON THE RACE! I was so proud! He is amazing, and I am grateful to call him mine! He has big goals and I am excited to stand by him and watch as he achieves every one of them, because I know he will!
 The race was in beautiful Stonebridge near/at Adriatica, and as we waited for Stephen we enjoyed the beauty...despite the cold!
   
This was a very tall tree and Taelee spotted this beautiful bird from far away. Good to know that her glasses work!
Enjoying some much needed hot chocolate that very cold morning!
 crossing the finish line at 1:16:57
 So proud of my amazing husband!
 Go Daddy Go!
So happy to have our moms there cheering him on!
 My mom had just given Taelee a Doc McStuffins doctors set so Taelee was quick to check Stephen's legs and make sure they were ok. She told him he had to hop five times on each foot to help them not hurt...sweet girl!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

SO AWESOME!!!!!! What an amazing experience for Steven, awesome awesome job!! I have no doubt that he's family were wonderful cheerleaders for him. :)

Kylie C. said...

That's so awesome! Congrats to Steven!