Monday, April 29, 2013

Las Colinas Half

Stephen did it again! Saturday he ran his second half marathon in Las Colinas near Irving. It was a much larger race than any he has done before, over 600 runners for the half alone. He trained hard and always gives one hundred percent, so we weren't surprised to see him place 3rd overall! He was hoping for first, but the guy that won was a cheetah! I know that within a year he will run at that pace too, he has speed in his blood! We are so proud of him!! I think my nerves are always way higher than his, and I'm not even the one racing! It is so accelerating watching and waiting for him to cross that finish line! We were able to see him twice throughout the course. Taelee was such a good cheerleader! She stood and held up her sign saying, "go daddy do!" each time we saw him. Immediately after he crossed the finish line she ran up to him and handed him a card and a ribbon that she had made for him. She was so proud of her daddy!

It was a beautiful morning!

Kingston didn't want to hold his sign, but he did a great job coloring it!
The spectators!

FINISHED!
Silly monkeys!
Our unfiltered family picture!
The two that got him running!
The real award!
It was an official race, they had chiropractors!
Chick-fil-a was there and the kids loved the cows! They even got to dance with them! Kingston was breaking it down like no bodies business!
Count on Taelee to find flowers anywhere she goes!
Good job to an amazing man!

 

2 comments:

Kylie C. said...

That is so awesome! Such a cute little support system too!

Lisa said...

Hahaha!! I love love LOVE that there's a silly picture of your family-it's a side I don't see often so I love it! And congrats to Steven, what a HUGE accomplishment!