Friday, May 31, 2013

Perfect day at the Zoo

I don't think the Fort worth Zoo can ever get old! We went with a bunch of friends on a perfect day! It was overcast with a little breeze, a perfect weather zoo day! I think the threat of storms scared a bunch of people away so it wasn't very crowded at all! The kids had so much fun checking out the animals with their friends and having a picnic at the zoo. 
Kingston LOVES gorillas so he was so excited when I told him we got to go see them at the zoo! It was our first stop and he was mesmerized! He talked to them like they were buddies! We even got a nice show of the silverback's behind! The kids thought it was hilarious!

our little monkeys checking out the monkeys
talking to the gorillas
 The Alligator exhibit is pretty cool! Taelee thought it was terrifying, but Kingston loved it! It was fun to see the gators, fish, turtles, and sharks swimming together in the water. Most of them looked fake the way they would hold still for so long. I love the color in these pictures too!
 of course Taelee was the one that initiated the silly faces!
 One of the funnest things about the zoo...feeding the birds! Who knew that I would ever say that!? It took me awhile to get to that point though!
The Gerenuk Kudu's ended up being one of Taelee's favorites
 I asked Kingston to turn around, he quickly whipped around with his arms folded and started to pray, "dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day..." what a goofball!
 These four took turns pushing Kingston all through the zoo.
 Although we have been to the zoo several times, this was our first ride on the train! They LOVED it!!
 another favorite, the flamingos!
a perfect day!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We had so much fun! So glad you came with us. :)