Monday, June 17, 2013

Puddles and Getting Soaked in the Rain

There is nothing quite like running around in the pouring rain and jumping in gigantic puddles! As I ran with the kids and felt the rain pour down my face and drench my clothes, I was taken back to my childhood when I would run down the streets and stand in the flowing gutters with my dad. Playing in the rain reminds me that we don't have to be grown up all the time, there is a little kid in all of us just dying to get soaked in the rain!
 Our playtime ended when Taelee ran to me screaming with fire ants crawling up her legs. Kingston was very worried about his sister. After I cleaned her off Kingston said, "Don't step in the ants okay princess?!" It's all fun and games until someone steps in an ant pile.
 By the end Kingston was a bit saggy. He did his best to hold them up, but there was little he could do about his problem. All I could think about was an American Idol song a few years back, "pants on the ground, pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground!"
 He wasn't the only one with problems! wet jeans = saggy britches

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hahaha! How fun! I loved playing kickball in the rain with my neighborhood friends, best times ever. :)