Our first day in the Chicago area we set off for the Brookfield Zoo. We lucked out with the weather while we were there because it was beautiful! It was a bit chilly which I didn't plan for, but after a quick stop at the store for sweaters we were set! I would rather be chilly at the zoo than hot and miserable. We were all pretty excited to see a new zoo. It was HUGE and we were not disappointed! They had so many neat exhibits and a lot of extras you could pay to see. We opted to see Dinosaurs Alive and the Dolphin Show. It was beautiful and we were so happy to have Mike, Robin, Michael, Julia, Tyler, Grandma, and Grandpa with us!
I was gitty over these molds! I remember getting them at the zoo when I was a kid, and I was so excited when we found them!

Uncle Mike always playing around
Kingston's favorite part was seeing the dinosaurs at the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit.
We went out to our cars for lunch and on the way back in we saw two parking spots way closer so Michael took it upon himself to save them while Stephen and Mike ran back to get the cars.
The dolphins were amazing! Three of them were expecting babies within the next month or two. The dolphin show wasn't anything like a SeaWorld show, but it was definitely worth it!
one of the pregnant dolphins
We had never seen these two fish before and were pretty mesmerized by them.
Upside down Frilled Jellyfish
Striped Frog Fish
The monkey house was by far the best exhibit! It was amazing! They had three different sections with different types of forest. The monkeys had a huge area to swing and play in, and it appeared to be one open space. I have never seen monkeys be so active!
Kingston's favorite animal is a gorilla so he was so excited when we got to see them. He started talking to them and everything, but I think it was their nap time because they were all pretty lazy. We thought the gorilla in the bed was pretty funny. I LOVE my zoom lens!
a fun and exhausting day at the zoo!



1 comment:
Oh it looks like it was so much fun!! Those jellyfish were super cool!! And I totally remember those mold machines, how fun! I'm so glad it ended up being a fun day at the zoo with the added perk of a dolphin show. ;)
Post a Comment