Monday, July 22, 2013

Vrska Family Reunion

The main reason for our trip was for the Vrska Family Reunion in Chesterton, Indiana. We met many family members and friends and had a good time eating, playing, and watching fireworks. Stephen loved driving around his hometown and showing the kids where he grew up. Aunt Sue had some great activities for the kids! They especially had fun with the bubble blowers she made from plastic bottles and socks. The other kids didn't stay entertained very long, but Taelee thought it was so much fun and kept making bubble worms for a long time.
I learned how to play bags, and like every other sport I was terrible at it!
This beauty was a life saver the entire trip! The kids loved her, and Kingston would let Julia hold him when he was crying for me to hold him! She will make a great mamma someday!
 All the Vrska grandkids together, fourteen of which are Nancy's grandkids. So wonderful to have them all together with their great grandma Vrska.
 It was the first time the kids and I got to meet Grandma Vrska.
 Taelee was sooooo sweet after dinner. She found Grandma Vrska and talked to her for over an hour (literally!). As she sat down Grandma asked Taelee to tell her a little bit about herself. Taelee did just that and didn't stop! "I love fairies! I have a fairy room. My favorite color is pink. I am going to be in Kindergarten in August. My birthday is December 21st." The conversation went on and on! I didn't hear very much of it, but looking up every so often I would see Taelee talking away. I was so grateful that Grandma enjoyed it too! She didn't shut her down, but kept right up with her on the conversation. After an hour passed Taelee decided to collect honeysuckle for her. She brought her an big pile of them, and it meant so much to Grandma Vrska that she put them in a baggy to take home. It was such a sweet moment and I was glad we were able to be there.
The kids ran around at dusk catching fireflies, and we batted off swarms of mosquitos as we waited for the firework show. They were pretty awesome for backyard fireworks, a beautiful end to a great family reunion!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How darling is Taelee, I bet Grandma Vrska just ate all the attention up! So sweet. And I've been dying to make those bubble blowers, so fun!