Monday, August 26, 2013

Taelee's First Day of Kindergarten

August 26, 2013 was a very special day! We sent our baby off for her first day of school! Taelee was soooo excited to start Kindergarten, and that excitement only escalated after meeting her teacher. I remember having to sit with her when she first started Nursery because she would cry and cry when we left her. It took months to finally get her comfortable! Now look at her?! She didn't have a nervous bone in her body...all smiles and pure joy! I was so happy for her and excited to see this little beauty blossom and grow, but it was pretty rough walking out those doors without her! I couldn't even hold it together long enough to leave the classroom. Miss Turnipseed saw me and told me to feel free to email for updates throughout the day. She is such a sweet teacher and a perfect match for Taelee! I am blessed with an amazing support group of friends and family! I got texts and calls all day checking how I was doing! It meant so much, and both Taelee and I felt very loved! The morning was hard. I couldn't walk past her room without crying so I decided to take Kingston to the Library. It was a good distraction and after that I felt much better.
We walked over to get her after school and I was so excited to hear about her first day. I stood and waited, for what seemed like forever, to see my beaming beauty walk out the doors. I loved getting to talk to her about all the details of her day. I played 100 questions with her and she divulged on all the details. She met some new friends and is already the little class helper. She let me know that she shared her play dough with someone who didn't have any and it made her feel good. Sending her to school was a guided and inspired decision, and I can see why. She is going to thrive at school. We are so proud of her and grateful she is part of our family!
 We walked to school with friends Braelyn and Reagan. She was excited to have that time with them. Their excitement was contagious!
 She walked through those doors and it was official!
Miss Turnipseed and Taelee...a match made in heaven!

3 comments:

Uffens Family said...

What a beauty!!! So glad she loves school, her teacher, and I have no doubt with her amazing personality she will be everyone's best friend!!! Way to go Whit!

Amy said...

way to be brave! She's going to LOVE school, and her teacher seems like a perfect match. What a big transition - I already get emotional thinking about ava not being here with us. so hard!

Lisa said...

I am SO happy it was a fabulous first day for her!! And for you! It sounds like she's going to do great this school year which is just awesome!