Stephen and I have had little urges over the last few months that we needed to move back to Utah. Stephen in particular has really been wanting to spend more time outside and get a different job. I of course would love to be closer to my family. But we have loved our Texas home and family for the past seven years. We love our ward, our callings, our house, our friends, and having Stephen's parents close by. However, we just couldn't shake the feeling. We took it to the Lord. We visited the temple a couple times with the question in our hearts. I probably had more reservations than Stephen, but relying on faith, we decided to put our house on the market and move back to Utah where Stephen will be working for New York Life. This was by far the hardest decision we have had to make. I questioned it many times. Especially after having 2 contracts fall through on our house. I really stared to wonder if this is what the Lord wanted for us. It was stressful, painful, and very overwhelming. But, as always, Stephen held strong, and bolstered my faith. We sold the house to a wonderful family who we know were the ones that needed our house. The Lord's hand was in this process, and though my heart is breaking to leave behind what we have known for seven years and head off into the unknown, we are looking forward to a new chapter.
9 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment