Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Days Before the Move. Saying Goodbye to Friends

Oh the friends we will miss! Saying goodbye to our dear friends was by far the hardest part of moving. We tried to soak in all the time we had with them before we had to move.
Lisa and I took the kids to color me mine where they each got to make a bowl for their best friend. Something they could use everyday and always remember them. The kids had such a good time creating and spending time with their besties. A few tears were shed as we watched these sweet friends.
 The weekend before the move my wonderful friends put together a get together so we could say our goodbyes. It was once again such a testament to me that these dear friends were put into my life by someone who knows me perfectly. Each one of them has changed me for the better. I am so eternally grateful for their love, kindness, friendship, and example. Moving to Texas I told myself I wasn't going to be the introvert shy person I had been up until that point. I was going to make friends and be outgoing. These ladies made that possible. I felt needed, I felt wanted, and I felt so loved; something I had been longing for all my life. The memories I have of my sisters will forever be with me.
These two ladies in particular will forever hold a very special place in my heart. Lisa was the first person to reach out to me and invited us over for dinner shortly after moving to Texas. She is a constant example and a strength to me. I know she is always there, and would jump at any need. Sarah made me feel so welcome. Our girls just clicked and became the best of friends. Even after the ward split and we lost Sarah, our connection never left. We always were able to pick up where we left off. 
The day before the move we went to the pool and invited any friends that wanted to come. Taelee woke up that morning not feeling well, and we were worried she wasn't going to be able to come, but thankfully she started feeling better and we were all able to go enjoy this last day with our friends.
Liam, Marley, Brody, Ella, Isabella, Taelee, Braelyn, Raegan, Veronica, Tristan, Kingston, Kamden, Eden, Tatum, Baylee, Felicity, Shelli, Leo, Ruthy, Roxy, Addie, R
Kenna, Ruthy, Taelee, Reagan, Braelyn, Isabella, Felicity, and Ella
Kingston, Kamden, Tristan, and Liam
This is a moment that just about killed me! Isabella just couldn't hold it in and broke down in Taelee's arms. What a beautiful friendship these girls share!
and Liesl couldn't make it to the pool, but we managed to snap a picture at church the week before. Our weeks our going to feel so empty without this girl!

No comments: